5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
1991Hatch

Default RE: New Project (IM BACK)

Bad *** man!!! 86 GT T-TOPS FTW!!!!.. hell Project threads FTW!!!! Awesome project!!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Explosive

Nice !
Old 07-31-2008, 11:03 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys, i was expecting people to be calling it a peice, haha. tore it down further today, the body looked like hell the it had been sitting so long that when you wiped your hand on it a layer of paint came off, and there was black **** all over hte body, but i washed it, and it looks much better today, took off the wing, removed the hatch, removed the hood, pulled the seats, removed the window louver things cause they need new paint, and some other stuff, picked up some body filler for a few spots tonight aswell as some interior paint ima test out on my dash peices tomorrow, and heres a few more pics i took today....

not sure how long till this project will be going down the street in primer, but keep in mind im only 17 and currently without a job, looking for another since i now got a daily driver.

my cowl was trashed so i chunked it, and i also pulled about 4lbs of wet soggy pinestraw and other crap out of there

louvers (not sure if tahts what there called?), hatch, wing, and hood behind them, not sure if im keeping the hood

i stole the battery out of my grand marquis threw it in here, and turned the key and was friggin amazed that it started making that annoying dinging noise, and the power windows, lights and everything worked. i lovethe grant steering wheel

Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

while its on my mind, i have to pull the front bumper, how would i go about doing this? i was looking and it looked like a real pain in the *** and couldnt really figure it out completely, any tips? or threads on here? im gonna look around before i post up a thread asking. so thanks for any help
Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

wow i just now realized it's a t-top... awesome

looks like you're moving along pretty fast. keep us updated
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

thanks im lovin the t tops, and yea im trying to get as much done before monday as possible (school starts back).... most likely more pictures tomorrow night, gonna work till mid afternoon then im heading to the Friday night drags, but im definatley gonna attempt some body work probaly, aswell as test out the duplicolor interior paint i bought, see how well it works
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

project indeed...[8D]
Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Nice project. Gotta love the t-top 4 eyes.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

ok so last night i picked up 2 cans of duplicolor interior paint (flat black) and painted nearl all my interior peices today, and the stuff looks good, my sister came in the garage and couldnt tell i had painted them, she thought they were like new.

mirrors taped up ready to go, with some other stuff

most of the peices painted up...

Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

forgot these, but heres a few pics of the areas im gonna have to work on body wise, little surface rust here and there, and chips/scratches in the paint

Quick Reply: New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)