5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Questions about Bullitt suspension for 94 GT

Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
JS94MustangGT

Default Questions about Bullitt suspension for 94 GT

This past week, my 94 GT has started drooping on the right rear wheel. I'm thinking a spring has lost compression there. My dad (yes, I'm 34, and still consult him about cars) said we can just get a couple MOOG rear springs and put them in. I've looked around online and found the Bullitt package, which is obviously quite a bit more. [/align][/align]I've read some reviews and most are positive. I am more interested in getting the car to handle well and be fast at all speeds and road types, not just on the drag strip. My main concerns are can the car be aligned correctly with this package? Plus, I REALLY like the raked look that the car had when I got it (i think it was a stock GT set up in it), does adding the Bullitt remove the raked look? Plus, I don't want the ride so hard I end up twisting the frame and over time making everything on the interior rattle and hum from the rough ride. I also need adequate ground clearance for all the bumps on the poorly engineered roads here in northeast Tennessee.[/align][/align]Also, the 2 I'm most interested in are the "Bullitt inspired" package from GEFracing.com and the actual Bullitt kit from stangsuspension.com; there's about a $50 price difference there (GEFracing is lower). Ideas on which is better?[/align]
Old 08-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Jenzpony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Questions about Bullitt suspension for 94 GT

ORIGINAL: JS94MustangGT

This past week, my 94 GT has started drooping on the right rear wheel. I'm thinking a spring has lost compression there. My dad (yes, I'm 34, and still consult him about cars) said we can just get a couple MOOG rear springs and put them in. I've looked around online and found the Bullitt package, which is obviously quite a bit more. [/align] [/align]I've read some reviews and most are positive. I am more interested in getting the car to handle well and be fast at all speeds and road types, not just on the drag strip. My main concerns are can the car be aligned correctly with this package? Plus, I REALLY like the raked look that the car had when I got it (i think it was a stock GT set up in it), does adding the Bullitt remove the raked look? Plus, I don't want the ride so hard I end up twisting the frame and over time making everything on the interior rattle and hum from the rough ride. I also need adequate ground clearance for all the bumps on the poorly engineered roads here in northeast Tennessee.[/align] [/align]Also, the 2 I'm most interested in are the "Bullitt inspired" package from GEFracing.com and the actual Bullitt kit from stangsuspension.com; there's about a $50 price difference there (GEFracing is lower). Ideas on which is better?[/align]

The bullitt kit is a nice upgrade over stock. and it should have a slightly raked looked, but if not, you can remove the front isolators for about another .5" drop front, or cut a little off the coil spring. But, keep in mind, it is still a factory ford suspension, so it wont be as agressive or harsh as a full aftermarket kit. so you would be fine frame wuse and interior rattles- but, since your doing that, I would get subframe connectors. might as well while you're doing it! overall, on a stock mustang, you will get about a .5-.75" drop over stock, so your alignment will be fine, as will ground clearance.

as for where to buy from, I would think that the only difference will be the springs- from Stang suspension it will be the original ford parts, while GEF will be similar, but different. i would send an email to the and see exactly the difference. the GEF springs may be stiffer or softer. Email them and find out

Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
JS94MustangGT

where to I get sub frame connectors and front isolators? They are not included with the kit. What do these parts do?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

you can get subframe connectors at stangsuspension.com.

SFC's connect the front subframe and rear framerails, which stiffens the body and chassis. isolators stop the metal springs from rubbing and making friction on the metal mounting points. generally, these can be taken off, but a thin rubber coating should be used on the springs to isolate a little.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 PM
JS94MustangGT

Do SFC's have to be welded in?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 PM
toyman

Originally Posted by JS94MustangGT
Do SFC's have to be welded in?
No but they should be. Also, the car needs to have the suspension loaded before welding them on. A drive on hoist is your best bet.