5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Pictures os the Five Lug Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Cool Pictures of the Five Lug Conversion

Hey guys...i was wondering why i couldn't log in for the longest time but it looks like the new forum is up and a little while ago I got my five lug conversion done as well...took some pictures the other night. I also haven't showed you guys any pictures since the spoilerless fiberglass hatch neither. Some people like it some don't...either way it's mine and it's different. The pictures were taken at a crappy time of day as well...I'll get some nice ones after it's washed up nice.

I really love how now the rear real a touch more than flush than the rear fenders with the SN95 axles...

Last edited by 86HOGT; 08-14-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Wink

the setup looks good il ike the cobra wheels on your car there...and the spoilerless wing...like u said as long as u like it...
Old 08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

man...its hard to look at a hatch without a wing...just doesnt look right to me.

5 lug is lookin sick though! like the wheels!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

i agree, its weird seein a hatch without a wing, but +1 on being different, im like that too..it gets boring seeing all foxes/mustangs having the same rims/body kits/spoiler sand such..so nice job on being different man...it all came out great
Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys. I'm not very happy with how the glass hatch fits though. I mean Idid all the work and stuff myself but there was no getting around the way it was made. I still have the original steel one that can very much be redone. I still have the spoiler as well. Also the fiberglass got wavy even after I straightened with glaze. Plus it makes a lot of noise going down the road. It'll be replaced by the steel one some day again...

Think of the spoilerless hatch as a halfback or hotchback!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86HOGT
Thanks guys. I'm not very happy with how the glass hatch fits though. I mean Idid all the work and stuff myself but there was no getting around the way it was made. I still have the original steel one that can very much be redone. I still have the spoiler as well. Also the fiberglass got wavy even after I straightened with glaze. Plus it makes a lot of noise going down the road. It'll be replaced by the steel one some day again...

Think of the spoilerless hatch as a halfback or hotchback!

i will most likely have my hatch for sale after i'm done with my swap...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Oh thanks man, but my steel one is stripped and al the rust cut out and a couple panels already made to be welded in. But if yours is like mint, I'll have to think about it... let me know
Old 08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

car looks awesome, those wheels really go well with the car.
and i like the spoilerless hatch
Old 08-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86HOGT
Oh thanks man, but my steel one is stripped and al the rust cut out and a couple panels already made to be welded in. But if yours is like mint, I'll have to think about it... let me know
will do man, when i take it off, ill inspect it, it seems totally rust free, but idk whats hidden under the paint
Old 08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

looks good

what brand is the hatch made by? if it is a cervinis piece I would be suprised by poor quality. my mom's '05 has a cervini kit on it and the quality exeeds OEM

Quick Reply: Pictures os the Five Lug Conversion