5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Guess my 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

you dont even have what i think to be key components to your suspension.

aftermarket control arms for optimum pinion angle for hook. i bet even with the slicks you'll still get some spin.

different springs for good weight transfer

sub frame connections which would be essential for our cars to transfer power without losing some of it in chassi flex.

welded up your TQ boxes, i would be surprised if you got one really good hard launch and you rip out your rear end from under you.

AND i would bet money you wouldnt break 220 on the dyno

msd coil ~ +3hp
wires ~ +0-1hp
exhaust ~+3-5hp -10tq
pullies~+10hp
K&N+pipe ~+10hp (thats if you removed your air silencer)

and those are generous numbers. the only thing you have going for you is a bit of weight reduction in your wheels and removed sway bar, some suspension mods and slicks. literally you have almost noooooo engine mods...i just dont see it even possible to ...... break past the mid 13 point. you would impress me and i would be very happy for you if you did, im not saying you wont...just saying it'll be tough.

hard launch, powershift the SHIAT out of it and if she holds.....13.5.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by roostracing
man you guys have no faith in the stang...i WILL prove you all wrong 4 sure
I have plenty of faith in the stang, just happens I'm a realist and if you fall well short on your goal I still want the video posted!!!! so when is the track date??

....not new to mustangs at all...i had an 03 mach 1 that went 11.93 @114 mph on the stock uncracked motor...only 313 rwhp, bolt ons, suspension, slicks....
AND ?????? WERE talkin foxes stangs here, post that in the 4.6 section where it matters
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
h2omelon
1st Gear Member

If you're giving it away I'll take it!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
I have plenty of faith in the stang, just happens I'm a realist and if you fall well short on your goal I still want the video posted!!!! so when is the track date??

AND ?????? WERE talkin foxes stangs here, post that in the 4.6 section where it matters
well, if you are a realist you'd come to the conclusion that a couple of members already posted on this thread that they ran a mid 13 with about the same mods...so why couldnt i do it?

no...you said i was new to stangs...i'm showing you twice that i wasnt...first with the 90 gt that went 14.02 with less mods and no launch...and the other with the mach 1...showing you i can drive the crap out of a stang....

my fear is not ripping the torque boxes but screw up my stock t-5

I think the problem is, you may the one new to stangs OR you just cant drive worth a crap? Either or a video will be posted...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
you dont even have what i think to be key components to your suspension.

aftermarket control arms for optimum pinion angle for hook. i bet even with the slicks you'll still get some spin.

different springs for good weight transfer

sub frame connections which would be essential for our cars to transfer power without losing some of it in chassi flex.

welded up your TQ boxes, i would be surprised if you got one really good hard launch and you rip out your rear end from under you.

AND i would bet money you wouldnt break 220 on the dyno

msd coil ~ +3hp
wires ~ +0-1hp
exhaust ~+3-5hp -10tq
pullies~+10hp
K&N+pipe ~+10hp (thats if you removed your air silencer)

and those are generous numbers. the only thing you have going for you is a bit of weight reduction in your wheels and removed sway bar, some suspension mods and slicks. literally you have almost noooooo engine mods...i just dont see it even possible to ...... break past the mid 13 point. you would impress me and i would be very happy for you if you did, im not saying you wont...just saying it'll be tough.

hard launch, powershift the SHIAT out of it and if she holds.....13.5.

i think the long tube headers, off road h-pipe, and magnaflows are worth more that 3-5 rwhp...

phase 2 for the coupe is front and rear suspension...cant buy everything at one time...but its coming together nicely
Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by h2omelon
If you're giving it away I'll take it!
lol...we will see!! I thought one of the other negative members wouldve jumped on that deal since they know i dont have a prayer to break into the 13's!!

People have done it alot...i dont understand why they seem to think it is hard to do...i know there are alot of ragged out 5.0's out there that may not run good at all...but i can assure you this is not one of them....

this car was bone stock when i bought it EXCEPT for some old *** flowmasters and a K&N panel filter...still had the stock cats on...all 4 of them...car has 145,000 miles and no sign of it being ragged on
Old 09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

dude you gotta be ****tin me?!?! you are talkin to guys (MJR and PRO50....and others in here with more experiance than I) with decade(s) behind the wheel/wrench. i've seen the videos of the senior members/mods on here....they both can drive the hell out of their car. they are no where a newbie to a stang nor cars for that matter.

all we are doing is presenting facts to you to aid you in knowin....you just may not run what you are expecting based on previous experiences. we've seen similar builds but they most likely had somethin else. you havent even completed your suspension and have no engine mods. thats like saying , "oh i think this stock mustang that normally runs on average a 14.7 to 15.0 could possible hit a 14" and you know what....it doesnt happen really ever, but rarely you will get one that is stock and will run a 14 in the quarter. there is your occasional freak car that can do that. but its rare.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

well, if you are a realist you'd come to the conclusion that a couple of members already posted on this thread that they ran a mid 13 with about the same mods...so why couldnt i do it?
i'M SPEAKING OF THE NORM NOT EXCEPTION TO THE RULE

no...you said i was new to stangs...i'm showing you twice that i wasnt...first with the 90 gt that went 14.02 with less mods and no launch...and the other with the mach 1...showing you i can drive the crap out of a stang....
Good I'm happy for you so go do it again

I think the problem is, you may the one new to stangs OR you just cant drive worth a crap? Either or a video will be posted...
Nice try......but I think my sig speaks for itself as well as my videos that may embarrass you if I were to post 'em........but I won't I'm nice...I wish you luck and I am rooting for you!!! Good luck
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

MJR you are too nice....but im not to people who are un-real to themselves.

dont be mad at me MJR

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=DSCN1089.flv
Old 09-12-2008, 10:16 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
i'M SPEAKING OF THE NORM NOT EXCEPTION TO THE RULE

Good I'm happy for you so go do it again

Nice try......but I think my sig speaks for itself as well as my videos that may embarrass you if I were to post 'em........but I won't I'm nice...I wish you luck and I am rooting for you!!! Good luck
11.7 with a 347 and nitrous? Thats not gonna embarass me...it'll embarass you! lol I think you should be in the 11's without the nitrous...

all in good fun so dont take offense to it...hopefully all goes well and i do not break anything...should start on the suspension hopefully in about 2 weeks...remember, i'll post the vid no matter what happens...my goal 13.3-13.6...i gotta get some shut eye...i have a long day tomorrow...i'll check in tomorrow on the thread...peace out to all

Quick Reply: Guess my 1/4 mile time