5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Coolest thing I've seen in years.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by U S Marine
Not sure where it would go. Thanks for letting me know with some tact...I also don't type like that, it tends to show learning disabilities. As far as picking on patriotic colors, we have an entirely separate issue which would cause problems if we lived near eachother.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/290648-new-section-everyone-please-read.html

Will be there shortly.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
U S Marine
2nd Gear Member

OK, sorry about the lack of technical content.

Moderator, Please remove this post from this forum.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

hey, im just as patriotic as the next guy, but I guess I dont get excited too easily
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
marksmustang

can we all just get along?Marine make sure you take your camera next time.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by 92stangerang
i think its cool. it hasn't happend to me before.... then again mine is black. lol. but pics wouldve been sweet.
Holy giant sig batman, shrink that bad boy down.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by U S Marine
Tonight, on my way to my sons football practice, I was driving my fox body, when I noticed that the car behind me was an SN95 'stang and the car next to me was an S197 'stang. Three generations of Mustangs rollin' together. He's the best part....between the three of us, we were Red, White and Blue!!! Tell me that's not the S**T!!!!
All you had to do with this post is put:

"P.S. Does anyone know why my shocks make squeaky noises?"

Then there would have been no problem!

That same thing happened to me on a long stretch of rural highway between two small cities in my area. I came around a bend in the road, and there was a stop light with three lanes and two other Mustangs parked at it. Mine is a white 89 GT, one was a blue SN95, and the other was a S197, and as you might have guessed, the color was...

Pink.
Seriously, it was green, unfortunately, but still cool. So I pulled up at the vacant spot at the light, and we were the only cars in sight (and probably all wondering why the hell the light was red). I looked left and right at the other drivers, gave the obligatory appreciative nod, which was returned. Then the light turned green, and we all simultaneously...

Drove off at a normal rate of speed. No, seriously. That stretch of road is usually packed with cops, because it's on the fringe of town, and there is that long stretch of 55MPH road coming into the 45MPH section in town. Town revenue generator. It all turned out for the best, because I didn't want to crush any egos. LOL!! Probably would have been MY ego!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I was driving next to 3 Intrepids on the HW the other day... yea yea yea we were rollin deep, dont hate
Old 09-17-2008, 01:04 PM
306stang
2nd Gear Member

I get too many dirty looks from other mustang owners out here. They're usually bringing them home from the showroom floor or something.

Would've been awesome to get pics >.< Cool experience anyway!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:15 PM
U S Marine
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
All you had to do with this post is put:

"P.S. Does anyone know why my shocks make squeaky noises?"

Then there would have been no problem!

That stretch of road is usually packed with cops, because it's on the fringe of town, and there is that long stretch of 55MPH road coming into the 45MPH section in town. Town revenue generator. It all turned out for the best, because I didn't want to crush any egos. LOL!! Probably would have been MY ego!
Well, shocks would not have been the issue since I JUST dropped 3 grand on my suspension! I did, however, consider asking what would it take to put the SN95 4.6 into my fox after I was told, in so many words, that I violated protocol. I seriously didn't realize that the default section was tech. I should have paid more attention!!! As far as a revenue generator, yeah, we got a couple of those here. I'm glad that I'm old enough to realize street racing is not a good thing...although, it's tempting sometimes.

Actually, the 4.6 DOHC conversion MIGHT be in my future anyway. I just think it would be a fun conversion...along with the IRS...
Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
U S Marine
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 306stang
I get too many dirty looks from other mustang owners out here. They're usually bringing them home from the showroom floor or something.

Would've been awesome to get pics >.< Cool experience anyway!
Yeah, I've caught the little smirk before. I pay no attention to it really. One day I might get tired of it and buy a Shelby just because I can. But honestly, I'd rather build what I have the way I want to. To me it's fun. Out of the three cars listed in my profile, the 88 5.0 Coupe is the most stock right now. I can't leave well enough alone, I guess.

Quick Reply: Coolest thing I've seen in years.