5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My wife got a new Toy, Video inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:22 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default My wife got a new Toy, Video inside!!!

After my wife drove my coupe two weeks ago, I got my butt crawled pretty good for getting rid of her old 89 GT. So as I was sitting around bored from work, I began to search around on the iternet and found a 93 GT that had a mild built 347 in it for super cheap. I called the guy who had it for sale, he didn't know anything about the car, he purchased it allready set up. So he gave me the previous owners name and number and I called him and got the run down on it. FRRP stroker kit, GT40 heads, BBK CAI and BBK Headers, Ram Clutch, Lunati cam and a few other minor things. The car builder said he took it to the track one time and made 3 passes, he said it ran a 12.08 twice and a 12.09. I can't remember what he told me in how fast it was in the 1/4 mile. But if I can even get this car to scratch the top of the 12 sec. index, I will be more than happy. I sent my wife to Texas with the car hauler and crisp Benjamen's from our little box underneath the bed, she bought the car for $3200 cash money. My wife says it will do all of whats on the speedometer in no time flat. It has 140mph speedo in it. Anyhow, here is a video of the car at idle and a small rev.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuGUEluk28

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 10-06-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

hmmmmmm, sounds good
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Looks like a nice ride...time to test it out!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

lol, those gt40s arent helping ONE BIT, but it sounds tasty
Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

thread title definitely pulled me in....

nice car.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Sorry about misleading you 88BlueGT. Speaking of such toys, she's due for a new one of those too. It's been a while since I got to play with them on her. But this isn't the forum for that kinda talk. Back on topic.

She said she took it to one of those oil shops today and she said they told her that the front and rear seals were leaking along with a bad valve cover gasket leak. Just my luck, no wonder she got it for so cheap. I can build SBF engines with my eyes closed nearly. But they have all been carb'd engines and not EFI. How much BS is it to change the valve cover gasket on the drivers side under the intake manifold. Makes me want to put one of those composite or box style intakes on there so I can access those valve covers easier. I wonder how much of a headache it would be to use one of those carburetor looking intakes that is meant for EFI. Probably cost to frigging much anyhow. I am in the market for a Cobra Intake if someone has one.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

looks like mine, but doenst sound like it.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Sorry about misleading you 88BlueGT. Speaking of such toys, she's due for a new one of those too. It's been a while since I got to play with them on her. But this isn't the forum for that kinda talk. Back on topic.

She said she took it to one of those oil shops today and she said they told her that the front and rear seals were leaking along with a bad valve cover gasket leak. Just my luck, no wonder she got it for so cheap. I can build SBF engines with my eyes closed nearly. But they have all been carb'd engines and not EFI. How much BS is it to change the valve cover gasket on the drivers side under the intake manifold. Makes me want to put one of those composite or box style intakes on there so I can access those valve covers easier. I wonder how much of a headache it would be to use one of those carburetor looking intakes that is meant for EFI. Probably cost to frigging much anyhow. I am in the market for a Cobra Intake if someone has one.
seeing you havent done it before, should take over an hour that the time to tape and mark everything, iv tore mine off so much it dosnt take but like 15mins to have the top hafl off lol, its not really hard, would save you money at the shop if you do it yourself to, thats the main thing haha
Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Sounds nice. I have a Cobra intake for sale that I had sandblasted and painted by a bodyshop. PM if youre interested.