5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My court date....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

LMAO ^^^^^ +323424

LESSON LEARNED
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Best to just speak to a Lawyer....so they can take your money instead
Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
RobertJ
2nd Gear Member

I usually don't feel sorry for people that get tickets for crap they deserve. This does seem to smell of BS though. I'm not sure he had a right to do that to you at all. I would definately contact a lawyer. Even though it may cost you a little more up front, you'll be miles ahead in the long run. If nothing else, it will **** the cop off that he has to show up for this in court. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RobertJ
I usually don't feel sorry for people that get tickets for crap they deserve. This does seem to smell of BS though. I'm not sure he had a right to do that to you at all. I would definately contact a lawyer. Even though it may cost you a little more up front, you'll be miles ahead in the long run. If nothing else, it will **** the cop off that he has to show up for this in court. Good luck.
he had every right to pull in, question and such..and under normal circumstances to write you that ticket, but once your boss said its OK for you to do that stuff on HIS private property, he can't do anything. once he got into touch with him for it, and your boss backed up what you said, he can't write that ticket. just like you said, if you are doing a burnout on your driveway, the only thing they can get you for is noise violation, which isn't a moving violation or points..

oh, and cops LOVE going to court, don't kid yourself..say they were supposed to be off that day, well guess what? they get overtime for going to court..and sitting there for a few hours waiting for their case to come up