5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

UPS comes through finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default UPS comes through finally!!!

today i got my fuel pump, valves, guideplates, head studs, and rockers. next order will be new springs+supporting retainers and lock rings because i'm going with a new xe cam from comp.

i snapped one picture before my camera crapped out on on me. BTW this is a "summit fuel pump" look at what the box says.

its sweet because i got the fuel pump put in and i cant hear it prime anymore, no more loud annoying **errrrrrrrrrr**and for MJR, this also fixed my extended crank time before it started, plus i keep fuel pressure now after i shut her down. so i think its safe to safe the check valve was bad.

i'll have to snap pictures of my other new stuff even though it wont be built for a couple more days, no rush right now, i want to buy the cam and springs before i start tearing her apart. i still have to port my new heads too...
Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

oh and BTW, my fuel gauge works again. the connection werent tight....just barely touching. so i crimped down the little clamp things and put this stuff my dad uses at his work(he rebuilds machines) that is like dielectric to promote connectivity but its red and smells really bad, but my fuel gauge measurements are dead on now.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

isnt it a good feeling when you fix your car?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Explosive

lol, our fuel pump is so damn loud. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR constantly.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

yea it use to drive me nuts. especially when you get ready to start your car and you're next to someone in a parking lot. they look at your like WTF!!?!? its nice having it not make noises anymore.

and XP....yes, yes it does. as soon as i get my heads built and put on the car with my new cam she'll be really fixed!!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

mine is loud and I am pretty sure its stock...
Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
yea it use to drive me nuts. especially when you get ready to start your car and you're next to someone in a parking lot. they look at your like WTF!!?!? its nice having it not make noises anymore.

and XP....yes, yes it does. as soon as i get my heads built and put on the car with my new cam she'll be really fixed!!
wat about your trans?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
SteveSkal
2nd Gear Member

I hate UPS now. Those bastards lost my new X-Pipe, I was supposed to get it on 9/30, they finally found it and the idiots sent it back to the shipper instead of sending to me!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by Shelty
wat about your trans?

lol, almost forgot to mention that. my mom ordered it for me since she forgot to get me a birthday present.....in february! haha so she asked me if i needed anything for the car...

i could have said i wanted mt et streets or my cam and accessories. but i figured the trans was a major one that needed to be done next.

I hate UPS now. Those bastards lost my new X-Pipe, I was supposed to get it on 9/30, they finally found it and the idiots sent it back to the shipper instead of sending to me!
yea, they lose stuff all the time. a friend at work of mine recently had his new struts and shocks lost by UPS. so the place he ordered them from finally sent him new ones after 4 weeks of ups losing them. then 4 weeks after that his original order came to his door. so he had two sets of shocks and struts.

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 10-20-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

so what was wrong with your tranny?

and so your going to put a xe cam in there with them wee little heads how come or what cam,stats

Quick Reply: UPS comes through finally!!!