5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

EFI TO CARB COMPLETE! PICS

Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

looks good and so what intake and carb are u running?ahh what is a breakdown of the motor again?

and u say granatelli are u talking about their pickup with the an fittings for hookup , as i have the same thing for when i get a car again.

also so you hooked up the return side for the nitrous so is there a pump for that side or how did u hook that up as i am gonna run a shot on my next car with the same pickup and just curious as how you did it

thanks man
Old 10-21-2008, 11:52 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

another one bites the dust!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

^^^^ whatever man.........................................lol
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

hey if it's faster..isn't that the name of the game???
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0stanger
Looks good! Why did you switch?
I switched because I had all of the carbed items and it is a whole simpler to change out heads, manifolds, carbs etc. It runs a heck of allot better as well.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang
looks good and so what intake and carb are u running?ahh what is a breakdown of the motor again?

and u say granatelli are u talking about their pickup with the an fittings for hookup , as i have the same thing for when i get a car again.

also so you hooked up the return side for the nitrous so is there a pump for that side or how did u hook that up as i am gonna run a shot on my next car with the same pickup and just curious as how you did it

thanks man
Yes, I am using the Granitelli pick up. I extended the pick up tube with a brass T fitting to hit the bottom of the tank for the nitrous. The motor is a 302 JE 10.1 pistons, forged crank, E303 cam, Windsor Jr. heads ported and polished with Scorpion 1.6 RR, Holley 650, Edelbrock RPM, Holley blue, and reg.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/atta...1&d=1224689495

https://mustangforums.com/forum/atta...1&d=1224689520
Attached Thumbnails EFI TO CARB COMPLETE! PICS-fuel-pump-install-003.jpg   EFI TO CARB COMPLETE! PICS-fuel-pump-install-008.jpg  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
hey if it's faster..isn't that the name of the game???
The time slip will tell...LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
glaranotch
2nd Gear Member

oh wow man big ups on your completion im going the exact same way.a couple questions.
would it be better if you used the same diameter from carb to tank? for example why did you use a -10An and then all the way down to -6an? would it have been better if you used -8An from tank to carb?? how much gph are you running 130gph?
did you reuse anything from stock? how did you safely plumb the hoses under the body?did ou just close off all ports when you removed the smog pump?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 AM
glaranotch
2nd Gear Member

by the way what was the exact length you used for the hoses 20 feet 15 feet?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by glaranotch
oh wow man big ups on your completion im going the exact same way.a couple questions.
would it be better if you used the same diameter from carb to tank? for example why did you use a -10An and then all the way down to -6an? would it have been better if you used -8An from tank to carb?? how much gph are you running 130gph?
did you reuse anything from stock? how did you safely plumb the hoses under the body?did ou just close off all ports when you removed the smog pump?
I'm only pushing 455 HP so the lines I used are fine...-10 all away from the tank to the reg, -6a to the carb and for the nitrous...Your plumbing will determine your future builds. Plus, I am going to a much bigger pump shortly to handle the fuel and the fuel for the nitrous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EFI TO CARB COMPLETE! PICS