5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1989 Mustang California Special Edition Saleen INFO??? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
loping5.0

I knew the rims weren't stock, but I'm curious to see if you have a saleen badge on your hatch or a ford badge. Mine has a saleen badge and when I removed it (because I thought it might be aftermarket) the double sided tape that held it on was super moldy and falling apart.

I'm also comparing my car with another guy who says these cars came with plaqs telling you what car # it is. Do you have a plaq as well?
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Flossy

The car came with a ford emblem on the hatch. And no plaques came with the car. I personally don't own one, but Slakkr is my best friend, so I worked on his a lot, so I know it pretty well.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Flossy

Old 06-25-2011, 12:51 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I'd like to see some of the racecraft suspension
Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Flossy

I do not have pictures of the suspension. I do believe the springs were red. I'm sure slacker could get some pictures up shortly.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:11 AM
loping5.0

the springs are red, and and he should have 5 way adjustable shocks, ill try to get some pics up if slackerr ant
Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM
TheShyzah

i was wondering who all on here has a 1989 or 1990 saleen california edition mustang? I have one myself and id love to get together to check some other peoples cali editions as well let me know i think thatd be cool since theres only a few out there
Old 04-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Flossy

Slakkr183 has one... We live in Chico. His has been down for a little over 2 years, in the middle of building a new engine and minor other things. Should be up a running by the end of next month though!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
loping5.0

I live in walnut creek, ca it would be cool if we all met up, I would love to see the other cars and compare
Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
brettrix

Hey Guys -
I finally got laid off and now I have some time to play with my toys!!! So, after 5 years of just looking at my car in the garage I decided to get her going again and insured her. I did that first to make sure I would get her going as I hate wasting money!

Well I got stuck at the fuel line replacement and so sent her to a shop with a lift - i couldn't rivet the lines with out a lift and the shop guy said $200 to install the lines and put the rest of her fuel system together and I said HELL YEAH!

but before she was towed away I took some pics and wanted to share them - I bought it in Tempe AZ in 2004 and haven't done much to it. I know it came from the bay area - santa rosa i think - you can see the dealer name on the license plate holder in one of the pics. I called the dealer and asked them about it and she said that white mustang gts in 1989 were not selling as fast as they wanted so 5 dealers got together and had Saleen come up to the Bay area and modify some cars. I think the shocks and springs were modified but the lady didn't know for sure. I also called saleen who confirmed that is what happened and that in 1990 they modified 60 or 61 white mustand gts. She gave me the name of the shocks but i don't remember right now.. it was pretty common name brand though... and no engine modifications. No plaque that i know of but i didn't ask her about it.

hmmm it sits lower than a 1996 acura integra - by about an inch! and it really hurts the back going over the tiniest bump and of course, your neck muscles hurt after a few quick turns in it.

I can also tell you the clutch is really heavy - not sure if it is aftermarket or just something wrong with it! anyway - i am in Phoenix area now and hopefully will have her tomorrow or maybe even this afternoon!!! yeah - i should really not jinx myself that way!

later!

ok so i can't load pics... they need to be on the internet somewhere... grrrr

Quick Reply: 1989 Mustang California Special Edition Saleen INFO??? Anyone?