5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Been awhile since i've been here

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Smile Been awhile since i've been here

But quick update on my stang. I got my 88 block in, nothing special done to it yet, just has all new gaskets, oilpan, waterpump timing chain cover etc etc... and an edelbrock rpm air gap intake. I have my nitrous lines ran, i just need to install the spacer, however it won't clear my hood so i have to get a new hood before i can do that -_- but oh well. It looks alot better, and sounds a little bit louder, i put on new bbk headers instead of the ebay $50 ebay headers it had, and put on a bbk off road h pipe. I think it turned out pretty good though for it being my first time ever doing this, i'm 17, did everything myself, my brother only helped me with the engine hoist.

And one question, i have it running, it runs... but it has an electrical drain or something somewhere. i have replaced the voltage regulator, starter, starter solinoid, and have a new section of the wiring harness i bought from foxresto. It keeps killing my battery. i have replaced it twice now with a ultramax battery or i think thats what it is... I had the alternator tested and it passed or whatever. i had it tested at 3 different places just to make sure. Does anybody have any idea or tip as to what it could possibly be... i'm open to anything... thanks for your help.

Heres a few pics... one before and a few after.
Attached Thumbnails Been awhile since i've been here-before.jpg   Been awhile since i've been here-after-1.jpg   Been awhile since i've been here-after-2.jpg   Been awhile since i've been here-after-3.jpg  

Last edited by Hollister Hoodlum; 11-02-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

cool man but drop the eddy for a holley carb.....
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

oh i'm going to... i planned on either a holley or a demon carb, the one i have cuts out really really bad... it upsets me when i put the pedal down and it does alright till about 3k then it gets really choppy... even had it tuned by my friends dad at his race shop. never liked the crapper.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

check your grounds or crossed wires
Old 11-02-2008, 06:54 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

where's the dual snorkal air cleaner at?? what did the lid say? was it a sticker on it or imprinted lettering on it??? as for the drain, hook a multimeter set to amps in series with the neg battery terminal and pull fuses until drain on meter is removed and from there grab a wiring diagram of that circuit with the drain and unplug components on that circuit until drain is gone and there you will find the prob
Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
where's the dual snorkal air cleaner at?? what did the lid say? was it a sticker on it or imprinted lettering on it??? as for the drain, hook a multimeter set to amps in series with the neg battery terminal and pull fuses until drain on meter is removed and from there grab a wiring diagram of that circuit with the drain and unplug components on that circuit until drain is gone and there you will find the prob
It's there.

When are you going to convert that back to (4eye)??
Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
It's there.
I know it's in the before pic = 1st pic, I was more so refering to the 3 after pics, may be that he removed it just to showcase the improvements
Old 11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

haha i still have it, but i don't have the factory lid =(

it says ford motorsports or something on it.... i'm stripping the paint off cause its chipped all over and repainting it, i will get pictures of that when its done...

Thanks for the help, i'll try that tomorrow =D

as for back to 4 eye uhh, never. I'm to broke to do it. otherwise i would
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hollister Hoodlum
haha i still have it, but i don't have the factory lid =(

it says ford motorsports or something on it.... i'm stripping the paint off cause its chipped all over and repainting it, i will get pictures of that when its done...

Thanks for the help, i'll try that tomorrow =D

as for back to 4 eye uhh, never. I'm to broke to do it. otherwise i would
good enough
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
RedMachAndOrangeFox
2nd Gear Member

i had a drian and my battery would die also, check you connections to your altenator and make sure that its getting juice. if the power wire for it is a little big put a washer behind it and re bolt it all down. and you should to a 3g alt upgrade

Quick Reply: Been awhile since i've been here