5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

85 or 68?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

$14k is going to be a tough sale...Someone looking to spend that kind of money would want a 100% STOCK 5.0! ...I would try to put it back to 100% to get that kind of $$$ and sell the parts...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jzandy
do you think that it isnt worth that? I've searched others for sale and some are going for more money with considerably more miles. Anyway price is negotiable to a point. Its hard to find a 5.0 that didnt live quarter mile to quarter mile.
Things are worth what people will pay for it when you want to sell it. If it was a Notch with no hole in the roof you may stand a chance if the car is in excellant factory condition. I had a shot at a 92 notch 3 weeks ago that had 62K showing on the clock. It was bone stock Calypso Green with Black interior. It was in super shape. People all the way from Georgia (300-500 miles) to bid on this car in a local auction. I was in the bidding until the car went past 4500. It sold for 5600 dollars and was an exceptional car. In our area my buddy and I were looking to score the car for around 3500. Out of town bidders (more than 60 bidders on this car) ended up with it. If this car had hit ebay I'd say 9-10K it would have brought. (where I would have resold it).
It's not hard to find good 5.0 cars. I bought my all original 85 notch with 5.0CFI and AOD for 2700 with 0 rust. 2700 dollars. I knew what I was looking for when I was buying.

Had to be a 85-86 Notch
Had to be an original 5.0 car
Had to have a solid no hole roof
Had to be Automatic
Had to have manual windows and door locks
Prefered CFI

The reasons behind what seems like madness is this. I wanted an unmolested low power 5.0 car that had no mods because you know that CFI/AOD/5.0 didnt hurt or twist up the car. If the car was original it hasn't been run to death and all the torque boxes and chassis is going to be in good shape. Nothing original remains on the car but the chassis. I could have bought rollers for 500 dollars all day. You just have to find the right person. Just like me I basicly paid 2700 for a roller. The rest was just stuff I had to throw away
Old 11-23-2008, 11:31 AM
jzandy
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info, I hope the right person comes along. Do you think I should even do the gear back to factory as well? Well anyway I will be looking for an 85 with t-tops instead of the 68. how much for your 66 mjr?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by jzandy
. how much for your 66 mjr?
anywhere over 12k....20k invested