5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My newest addition...89 notch

Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

Default My newest addition...89 notch

Ok so I finally bought a halway decent car. As iv been digging into this a little more each day i find things that were just hacked by the previous owner. He didnt know how to tighten any screws/bolts/nut, etc. I will run through a list of what Ive done so far. I will be adding pics as i take them.

I recieved the car all stock besides the addition of subframes, 3:73's, and poly mounts.

I found the heat wasnt working due to the control panel wasnt even hooked up, I replaced the rad with one i had laying around. I replaced the water pump, I have new hoses I have to put on. I deleted the a/c and smog. Removed the factory air box and put a k&n on. I installed hid's.

I just removed the rear interior, and will be removing the rest of it to run the wires for the system, and battery box (he installed a crappy plastic one, i will replace that with a taylor on i bought). I removed all the old sound deadener glued to the floors and am replacing that with a product like dynamat, its from home depot called quick roof. a foiled back tar type material. (theres a big write up on corral.net.)

Before I put that down though I am having my local custom guy weld the tq boxes and put the reinforcements in.

over the next few months I will be adding my whole 5lug setup, with tokico hp shocks/struts, drop springs w/iso, the fronts will have a 95 spindle ***'y with pbr dual piston calipers, ebc pads and dimpled rotors. The trans will be replaced with the tko500, alum d/s, mcleod clutch, billet steel flywheel, steeda quadrant setup.

the engine is going to be replaced also with the one in my garage, its a standard rebuilt 302 fully studded (mains, heads, oil pan.) edelbrock perf. rpm heads w/comp roller rockers, x-cam 2* advanced, billet timing set, melling hv pump, arp shaft, typhoon intake, 24lb inj.

much more going on also, i found when i took the rad out the car was hit slightly in the front...the rad support is pushed back and up slightly, nothing major my body shop cant fix.

the pic in the garage is when i bought it. the other 2 are from the previous owner.
Attached Thumbnails My newest addition...89 notch-new-ride.jpg   My newest addition...89 notch-new-car-2.jpg   My newest addition...89 notch-new-car.jpg  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

that is a pretty little penny
Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

yea well most of the parts i already bought when i had my last car, but i never got to put them in due to too much rust. I paid $3500 for the car which really wasnt a good deal i think.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:48 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

$3500 sounds like a good deal to me for a clean notch
Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

o i forgot that i just bought an hpm solid trans crossmember, and im getting my c&l intake tube and maf for the current setup. i have another 76mm maf for the 24lbs.

yea i mean its ok, i just feel like i over paid being that it was hit and i didnt realize (that was my screw up i know) The paint really is a macco job i think. it does look good but the prep was horrible (theres fisheye, and crap in the paint. its also very thin) not to mention the tape job was horrible. also i have to replace the fron n back glass, and the quarter windows need to be refinished.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

it looks good, and 3500 is a decent price
Old 12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...Very good for a 5L LX Coupe! ...Go enjoy!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

It looks nice and clean, how about some interior pics?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

lol i just stripped it out last nite. its black, about the only good black pieces though are the dash, seats and carpet and door panels. the headliner is nice but too short (out of a hatch i think, and the rest of the pieces were painted some shiny black. o and he threw in a gt rear seat and a stock catted h-pipe, it has headers and an off road h-pipe.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
5.0muscle
2nd Gear Member

^^yes, interior pics. outside looks good from here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My newest addition...89 notch