5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I want a tublar k member but i dont know?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
new2it

Default I want a tublar k member but i dont know?

I am tryna get some input on good tublar k members for the fox body. So far i am looking at the QA1 k member it seems affordable and it serves the purpose but if there is some better ones that is lighter and stronger and a better quality plese feel me in.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:45 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

stay away from the QA1, i've heard some stuff about them, i went with a AJE tubular, it was a pretty fair price i thought. and it all fit perfect. i've heard the QA1 had to modified to bolt up correctly
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
SonicBlueFiveSlow
3rd Gear Member

A friend of mine went with a UPR and he's pretty happy with it, that's what I'm going with when I get to that stage.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

PA racing is what i went with. and i'm happy with it
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by crusin92red5.0
PA racing is what i went with. and i'm happy with it
Ditto! Great piece
Old 12-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

I ordered a BMR for mine and had it sitting in the box for a Month. Took it out and the thing was for an 05. Sent it back and looked at the options. I heard a lot of scary things about differant brands but all of it was based on rumor and no actual facts. I made a few call to some people a little more familiar than I am with these and I bought the QA1. It came yesterday and I took it out of the box. It's well made the welds are excellant. So far so good. Ive heard so many stories about fitment problems that frankly I was scared to throw it under my car. That thing bolted up so nice it was unreal. It took me all of ten minutes to get it squared up and bolted down. I think if anyone has any fitment problems it's because their car is a little mangled. I also heard how hard it was to get the control arm bolt in. I grabed up a set of control arms and had the bolts in it in less than a minute (not tightened down). It couldn't have fit any better. Before I tighten it up I looked after I had it square in the frame and every hole was dead center of the frame bolt. Unless the engine won't sit in the mounts so far the rumors were just that. If I had any issue with the QA1 you would know about it this morning with photos to back it up. Now if I could find some tubular control arms with spring perches I'd be hooked up.

I think we buy into internet rumor so often that it scares us into buying things. Even the guy at BMR told me to go QA1. I feel like most of the people who talk junk about stuff have never even seen it much less used it. I fell into that trap when I bought the BMR. I was scared because I heard it here and there and there and I was a little shy about it. After installing it on my car yesterday and seeing quality welds, good bracing and acceptable thickness I'm pretty confident. My biggest thing was I didn't want Chrome-moly. It's to brittle for I want to do. I'll post up some photos this afternoon.

Last edited by Portmaster; 12-17-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

my d&d one has worked well for the past few years
Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Here's pics of my PA Racing stuff. It's made of mild steel also.

Great stuff, worked out well and fit nice w/o and moddification

Here's some install pics

Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
new2it

I had a qa1 but sold it. it never was installed. do i have to purchase the a arms too. Also how much is that pa set up run. what about upr
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Stock a-arms will work w/ the PA unit. Everything in the pic excluding the cc plates were about 800 bux.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I want a tublar k member but i dont know?