5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Full bolt ons before or after H/C/I

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
83glx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default Full bolt ons before or after H/C/I

What do you guys think. Should you just go hci and then work on the supporting mods. Or pound out all the boltons so that you get the most from the HCI when you do do that?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Jerome99
1st Gear Member

Depends on how much cash you have and what you want to do with the car. H/C/I work better with supporting mods I would do exhaust, intake tubing, gears, suspension, SFC and good tires then the H/C/I, but that's just me.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
83glx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jerome99
Depends on how much cash you have and what you want to do with the car. H/C/I work better with supporting mods I would do exhaust, intake tubing, gears, suspension, SFC and good tires then the H/C/I, but that's just me.
Thats what i was thinking. Ive already got gears, and exhaust. So i was thinking next i would get some long tubes, udp, smog delete, and tranny. Then go for the hci
Old 12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Jerome99
1st Gear Member

that's a really good plan. I have done it both ways and I like the build up approach better, makes it that much better when the big stuff is done.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

skip the underdrive pullies better money to be spent.

and i agree if u have exhaust and gears, then lt,s a good intake tube like a anderson or similiar, and then just save for the h/c/i as u will probably need besides the h/c/i is fuel injectors,bigger fuel pump,maf sensor to match injectors,adjustable fuel regulator.....
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
83glx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang

and i agree if u have exhaust and gears, then lt,s a good intake tube like a anderson or similiar, and then just save for the h/c/i as u will probably need besides the h/c/i is fuel injectors,bigger fuel pump,maf sensor to match injectors,adjustable fuel regulator.....
Well i wont need much of that stuff, im carbed.

And ive read alot about UDP not being really worth it. But the anodized blue ones just look sooooo cool.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83glx5.0
What do you guys think. Should you just go hci and then work on the supporting mods. Or pound out all the boltons so that you get the most from the HCI when you do do that?
Supporting mods first. Ign upgrade,etc but make sure you have the right size header when you put the heads on. I wouldn't put them on until the new heads go on.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

yeah, unless you find a set of UDPs for super super cheap or.... free, save up for something bigger..

I only gots them cuz my car came with them from the Previous owners
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang

i'd have to disagree...u/d's work...cut 2 tenths off my time...definately worth the $97 dollars and 30 minutes of my time to install...i used the march power and amp series...in think part number 2215? summit...
Old 12-19-2008, 01:21 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

BUT..yeah supporting mods are always first in my book...full exhaust, BUILT rear end, good clutch, good shifter, rear suspension, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and some nice slicks!

Quick Reply: Full bolt ons before or after H/C/I