5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

who do you let drive your car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

whoops I was wrong... my dad drove it a few times... he test drove it when I bought it cuz I was 120 miles away

once he had to move it when I was asleep... ended up taking it to the store and dropping my siblings off at the bus and they tracked mud all over my 2 week old floor mats at the time...

and..... that was the last time I left the keys out....
Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 AM
LT61
2nd Gear Member

There's only a select few I allow to drive my car. Other than myself, my friend who got me into mustangs and has a 5.0 of his own, and a couple other buddies of mine that actually know how to drive or own or related to someone with a car with retarded amouts of power. I know mines not the fastest 5.0 but there are some people out there that can barely drive FWD so I'm not about to let them dump the clutch and swing out the ***-end of my car.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 AM
lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

i let my best friend drive it one time on an open road, because i had sold him my old 1990 crx si and he thought that was fast so i told him to try and floor it on my 5.0 and he wouldnt he was scared, he said you can feel it pull and get the feeling its going to start peeling out out of control, and i will also let my wife but she always complains that you can smell the exhaust fumes and that it is to loud and hates my clutch.

Last edited by lx5.0; 12-19-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:43 AM
ponyboy302
3rd Gear Member

hmm not to sound like a douch but my car has only 33k and the interior is so clean i dont even like to drive it lol i dont even like people in the passenger seat haha .. i even pay the inspection guy an extra hundred not only to make sure it passes but mostly so he does not have to sit in my car and put it on the machine : o)
Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Jerome99
1st Gear Member

No one but me. Its not that I don't want any one to drive, everyone looks at the shifter and is like "f that' its a Hurst Quarter Stick so u have to use two hands to get it in to park and to put it into reverse, unless you have ET fingers. You also have to know when to squeeze the handle. to put it in first and third
Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 AM
PinupGirl77
ROTM Moderator

I dont even want anyone touching my Stang. I have seen to many bad things happen.
Only Hub and Mechanic are allowed to touchy :-D
Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
eddies92lx
2nd Gear Member

I let pretty much anyone drive it. I taught my girlfriend ti drive stick on it. Its only a car if someone else wants to enjoy it I am happy to let them. My buddy bought a brand new truck and you cant eat drink or smoke in it, And whats the fun in that.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I let my girlfriend drive it a few times because I think it's hot to see her rip around in it. In spring time I doubt she'll want to drive it though. I guess I'm the only one who won't let his father drive his car? I've seen how my father used to drive his mustangs and I don't want my baby to got through that abuse. As for selling the car, the only way that thing is going for sale is if I get caught trying to sell one of my kidneys.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 AM
87slutstang
1st Gear Member

if i am drunk i let people drive me. there is snow up here so the *** comes out on people who don't expect it. (no more winter drives) my girlfriend drives it. she likes hot rod stuff so its cool. she painted flames and gives me blow jobs so i owe it to her
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
couleeman

So far to date, my dad, my uncle, myself and my wife (that one was required by law I think..). My brother and his wife asked if they could and I said "No, my insurance doesn't cover anyone 25 and under." May have to get a new excuse next year...

Quick Reply: who do you let drive your car?