5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

what would it take?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

probably a really stupid question, but gonna ask whether i get bashed or not... i know suspension can help with killer ET, but can suspension also help your trap? Lets say for example take your trap speed lets say from about a 106 to a 116 or so?
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

yup..the faster your et than the faster you mph
Old 01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by roostracing
yup..the faster your et than the faster you mph
Not necessarily. A suspension isn't going to improve your trap speed that much, the only thing that can do that is more power. Suspension gets the power you make to the ground more effectively. A proper suspension in a fox that traps 100 mph should be good enough for mid 13s, but no way is the suspension going to make the car trap 100 mph.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
Not necessarily. A suspension isn't going to improve your trap speed that much, the only thing that can do that is more power. Suspension gets the power you make to the ground more effectively. A proper suspension in a fox that traps 100 mph should be good enough for mid 13s, but no way is the suspension going to make the car trap 100 mph.

if suspension improves ET than it will improve trap speeds

if you ran a 1.7 60 ft on slicks on stock suspension...and you now run a 1.5 on slicks with rear suspension...then YES your TRAP speed will go up and your ET will drop....its not going to be drastic but it will increase...

lets not forget about front suspension...suspension is suspension...if you add a k-member and supporting parts...you will have a faster ET because of the weight reduction and how well it is transferring weight...faster et means faster trap speed...no power needed here to do that

one perfect example is my ex mach 1...i ran a 12.5 @ 109 mph...i added a complet k-member set up and dialed in my rear suspension. I was still only making 313 rwhp...i went to the track and pulled ONE 11.9 @ 114 mph! Endless amounts of 12.0's in the 113-114 mph range...no power was added...but correct suspension and lightened suspension lower ET's and increase TRAPS!

Last edited by roostracing; 01-06-2009 at 01:17 PM.