5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Paint

Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

going back 2 4 eyed?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

no i'm going to go ahead and keep the newer front end... i would have, but i want these hid's from a guy here locally that will install them on my car for cheap... so i decided to go ahead and just put on the 93 cobra bumper.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Ehh HID not worth it IMO. I like the aero front ends but
Old 01-15-2009, 03:00 AM
minnow81469
3rd Gear Member

What color did you end up going with
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 AM
One8Seven

I am curious about the paint. You said $3k for the job? I am about to do my 95 but I am also having a Roush body kit molded on and stripes painted on. I have no idea what it will cost me yet though.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

^^a quality paint job, including prep and body work with a color change will most of the time be no less than 2,500 depending on how much work needed to be done. If you are changing color, adding a body kit, and doing stripes (you doing any tear down, or is it a drop off pick up sort of thing) I would expect at least $3,500 if not more for a great paint job.

Hollister, the car is looking great man, can't wait to see it finished!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

that is a nice color i like it. keep it up
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Thanks a lot guys... 5.0stanger and gearbanger you 2 are actually the ones that really made me want to paint my car lol.

As for paint, yeah its right at 3,125.00 for me so far... list of everything i'm having done.

Radiator support pulled (purchased the car that way... didn't know about it -_-)
Fenders and doors aligned.
Rust repaired above window, rear quarters and under the hatch.
Hoodpins installed.
Complete sand down to metal.
Door jambs, and fender edges painted, underside of the hood, and under the hatch.

So i'm have a lot of work done, the paint locally is costing me freaking $790 a gallon. (included in total cost)

but for all the work thats being done, i consider it a bargain. the guy does excellent work... there were 2 trucks that were in roll overs that he was working on when i took my car there... by the time he gets done they will look brand new, i have seen previous pics from rollovers to a car getting hit by a train. i think it should turn out nice.

thanks again guys.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hollister Hoodlum
no i'm going to go ahead and keep the newer front end... i would have, but i want these hid's from a guy here locally that will install them on my car for cheap... so i decided to go ahead and just put on the 93 cobra bumper.
You really should reconsider. 4 eye's are way less common and becoming very popular. It will also add alot of value to the vehicle.

Also hopefully you will get those doors lined up now that its in paint. (Always bothers me when doors don't line up properly.)
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
You really should reconsider. 4 eye's are way less common and becoming very popular. It will also add alot of value to the vehicle.

Also hopefully you will get those doors lined up now that its in paint. (Always bothers me when doors don't line up properly.)
lol i thought about it... but i already had a new gt bumper, and purchased a cobra grille so i'll just live with it for now... i'll probably eventually convert it over.. and redo the whole paint again. i'm super picky when it comes to paint...

the doors are amazing now... i went up there and checked it out... they pop open so much easier now... that was the first thing my painter told me... "we're realigning the doors weather you want it or not... for free" lol and it doesn't make the annoying a** screeeeeech noise when i open it now. i'm very impressed so far... by far the best thing i've done to my car so far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint