5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

People who don't appreciate cars...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
StangRehab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan5.0
My son just turned 13 and is a Mustang nut already. He thinks he's getting mine when he turns 16, however, he doesn't know that we already have a 4cyl 91 hatch hidden in the lot among a bunch of beaters behind my father in law's shop. Once he proves to me that he can respect it, take care of it, properly maintain it, keep his grades up, and demonstrate overall responsibility, he will get to assist me in converting to a 5.0. With that being said, I'm very proud of the responsible young man that he is growing into-and would probably be Ok with a 5.0. However, I know how dumb and invinceable I thought I was at that age. No teenager should be unleashed with that amount of torque until they prove that they can be responsible, defensive drivers.
And I entirely agree with your method. But having been around this girl at work I already know whats going to happen. 90% of the posts are right. I was talking to her while looking at the car and said something like " wow, your mustang has alot of horses...." and she Literally replied with this statement that I will never forget...... " OH I GET IT!!!! It's called horse power cause it's a MUSTANG!! Now it makes sense." She's not a bad kid... she just doesnt understand what that machine really is and what it capable of. I'm honestly a tiny bit worried because her and her friends are always talking about driving home wasted after weekend parties at like 2 am. Hopefully I'm way off and she has an amazing guardian angel... but I feel its safe to say I'll post a link to our local newspaper in the near future with an article on her destroying that piece of art.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
StangRehab
1st Gear Member

Smile

I agree with giving a kid a v8, under the circumstances that I have faith they have a good head on their shoulder, they understand what they have control of when behind that wheel, and that they deserve something nice. But even then not a brand new car that comes stock with more power than almost any other car in its class. I grew up with a saying that has let me have some of the most exciting and crazy moments in my life. If I'm going to do something stupid, I'm going to be smart about it.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

My daughters are gonna help me build their cars. No new ones for either one of them. They will know their cars better than any guy in their school, guaranteed.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Explosive

Some of you.... My first vehicle was a V8. Sure it was a pickup but that 5.4 moved. I don't get the "teens think they're invincible" thing. I never did anything in that I truck that I thought I couldn't, I did burnouts and would have it sideways all the time, but never in heavy traffic or anything like that. And then there is the Cobra, that car scares me. Most I've done was a burnout through 4th and that was no brakes or anything just hammering through the gears. 3rd gear pulls still put a grin on my face and thats good enough for me.