5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

i know not right place for video but thought would share lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:57 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

that looked fun.
What are these carbon fiber clutches you speak of? I need to rebuild mine too.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Catchpole
2nd Gear Member

I could never do that to my car, I'd feel bad. That was pretty savage though...Props
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

lol, AOD right?

not bad at all.

what light bar is that?

i need to get one to see if Tech at the track will pass it for a "roll bar"
Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
cch
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
that looked fun.
What are these carbon fiber clutches you speak of? I need to rebuild mine too.
Simply put. In a stock 8.8" rear end you have clutches that enable both tires to spin. As they wear eventually one tire will eventually start spinning less then the other. In general from my experiences the left passenger side will get the power. None-the-less, if the wear continues you'll eventually have a one wheel wonder and look like a li'l bitch. Anyhow, frpp carbon fiber clutches are about the best your gonna get to replace the worn ones IMO.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 AM
j3rry
2nd Gear Member

and nope man c4 . and i couldnt tell ya on the bar it was in the car when got it thank god cuz bet was bout pain n the **** to put in .lol
Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I too suffer from one wheel peel. I fuggin hate it also. But I have shocked quite a few people when they try and mess with it. I don't know how much power is being distributed to my left tire, but my right tire is the one that usually breaks over and spins, even in the burn out box at the track. I looked like a huge tool let me tell you. I could tell I was having one wheel peel at the track due to only the right side getting the tire/tar flung on the rear quarter. I was like well, it still run into the 11's with it like this, but I sure wished that other wheel would engage. I am going to get the carbon clutches for my unit. Does anyone know if it matters what is ordered, as in do they have to be ordered for 28 or 31 spline carriers? Thanks

By the way, I couldn't bring myself to beat on my tranny like that just for show. Only do burn outs at the track. All though it did look like fun, I just wouldn't do it.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Chadwick86
2nd Gear Member

Nice video!!!! Gotta love the odd rotten burnout!!!! http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...=609cPath=3_37 <<Here's a link for the carbon clutch pack
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

and you wonder whats wrong with your car
Old 02-14-2009, 12:19 PM
j3rry
2nd Gear Member

what u mean i wonder whats wrong with my car . there really isnt anything wrong with it i jus wish had more power cuz more power the better lol . some guys bitch bout someone doing doughtnuts but tell me whats the defference then doing that and takin em to the track and hold em to the floor for 1/4 mile im thinkin not much other then doughtnuts eat up the tires .
Old 02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Originally Posted by Chadwick86
Nice video!!!! Gotta love the odd rotten burnout!!!! http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...=609cPath=3_37 <<Here's a link for the carbon clutch pack
Thanks for the link.

My left side has gave up. I almost don't want to go to the track to get a baseline on my car but, if someone goes with me, I will go tonight.

Quick Reply: i know not right place for video but thought would share lol