5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

SO EXCITED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:56 AM
StangRehab
1st Gear Member

Default SO EXCITED!!!!

I finally ordered everything. I'm in the process of restoring...wait... more like reviving my LX. And I got my financial aid refund (thank you GI Bill) and my tax return last week.

I ordered wheels from oewheelsllc (cause they're cheap and so am I)
I ordered PPG paint, and all of that good crap to go along with it.
I bought a MIG welder to replace all of the rusted out parts.
Got a rolling chassis from a friend of a friend for $100. (using that for all of the body panels to be welded on my stang.)
I bought a 60 gallon air compressor with enough power to run all my crap.
Bought a nice set of HVLP guns from DeVill Biss.
Found a legit setup for a temporary spray booth.
As soon as the wheels come in I'm getting so new tires.
Ordered Trick flow Track Heat intake setup
JBA Shorty Headers
Crane Cam
and the dude that sold me the rolling chassis through in eldelbrock heads FOR FREEcause he already had a nicer set. (thank God he's a really good friend of my buddy)
now all i need is some time off from work to do it all

But on the good side I'm going to be posting pics of the entire process! I might even go as far as to take an a$$ load of pictures and get my wife to make a scrap book of the whole thing (that's her hobby) that way I can say we did something together....lol

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh and I wanted to throw out there that if anyone is looking for or needs any parts that might be on that 86 GT Chassis I have I don't mind helping ppl out. I only got it for $100 bucks so.... from one mustang lover to another. If it has to be shipped you just cover shipping and if i have it it's yours or if you live in the area you can stop by and check it out. I'm just using body panels (rear quarters and some of the spare tire well area), wiring harness, hatch door. Just pm me. And sorry if I'm not supposed to post this here, I'm honestly just excited, and want to help out fellow Fox people. If it's not supposed to be here please remove it or tell me and I will.

Last edited by StangRehab; 02-20-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

looks like you have some fun ahead of you...

deff post pictures... we love pictures
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Even if you don't post all the pictures document your build every step of the way and save every peice of paper work and reciept. It drives the value of your car WAY up should you decide to sell it. Sounds like youve got a plan, Me Love Big Brown Van
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i have a file folder of receipts for everything and a dedicated memory card of my build up pictures.

its nice to look back every once in a while and see what you started with...and then what you've created.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

My car looked pretty good before I started, lol Now guys walk into my garage and ask "What happened to your car?"
Old 02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Good luck...sounds like you're having fun!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Riceinator
3rd Gear Member

Cool man. Yea, definatly take pics and record the progress of your car.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Explosive

Sounds cool, we like our pictures.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:14 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

ypur going to crap yourself when you see what a change from those mexi wheels to those cobra rs are going to do. to bad you dont have ahsortbolck for sale im tearing mine out to find the mystery vibration im getting
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 AM
StangRehab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by calfroper_06
ypur going to crap yourself when you see what a change from those mexi wheels to those cobra rs are going to do. to bad you dont have ahsortbolck for sale im tearing mine out to find the mystery vibration im getting
my buddy here in town might be selling one soon. He just bought the fox (for parts) from austin that I was going to buy when I found this car. It runs fine and has a few mods on it but its been sitting under a tarp for like 4 years so its all ragged out. The lady who owns it starts it up every other weekend though. I'll talk to him about it after he picks it up and see whats up.

Quick Reply: SO EXCITED!!!!