5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Wrecked the stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
topless91gt
1st Gear Member

Default Wrecked the stang

I've had my car for 3 years and it has been a slow work in progress so far. Ive put a new top and frame on it, 2 months ago i put a fresh engine and trans in. I just started ordering new trim pieces so i could have it in good shape for the Mustang Anniversary in Birmingham.

Well Thursday night I was doing about 35 through town and a guy in an F150 pulled out in front of me. I tried my best to avoid him but hit him in the rear wheel. Needless to say, when a mustang takes on an F150 in a collision the truck wins every time! There wasn't a scratch on his paint. /i left some paint on his wheel. The damage to my car wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Somehow it missed the hood and fender completely. He said he just didn't see me!! There is always a bright side though. I had already planned on putting a new bumper cover on it. looks like it will be free now!! LOL.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

pics?

atleast it wasnt that bad...

I've had worse :'(
Old 02-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...too bad! ..would like to see some pics!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Explosive

Ouchie, as said, post some pics.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:35 PM
topless91gt
1st Gear Member

Hope this works! Never posted a pic before
Attached Thumbnails Wrecked the stang-003.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
topless91gt
1st Gear Member

maybe i should give the headlight and hood a whack before the adjuster looks at it. A cobra r hood would look good! LOL
Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

did the guy take pictures at the scene? if not just whack the lip of the hood just above the headlight so at least is in the correct location. but keep in mind those adjusters are pretty good at what they do and my call BS on you. happened to a friend of mine when he got swiped by some lady on his rear quarter. it didnt even touch the passenger door but my buddy took a hammer and hit the door a bunch nearest the damage. adjuster called BS on him and only gave him money for the quarter to be fixed.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

looks like an easy fix
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

that is far from wrecked

this is wrecked.. (my old '93)
Old 02-21-2009, 06:14 PM
topless91gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
did the guy take pictures at the scene? if not just whack the lip of the hood just above the headlight so at least is in the correct location. but keep in mind those adjusters are pretty good at what they do and my call BS on you. happened to a friend of mine when he got swiped by some lady on his rear quarter. it didnt even touch the passenger door but my buddy took a hammer and hit the door a bunch nearest the damage. adjuster called BS on him and only gave him money for the quarter to be fixed.
Nope! No pictures were taken. I have a good friend that has a body shop. We are going to try to get enough out of this to repaint the car. I'm going to try to figure out a way to do a little more damage where it wont be obvious. I know its not exactly honest but the way i figure it insurance companies screw people every day so why not! Anyone had any experiance with Blue Oval Industries? They have a kit with the bumper cover, fog lights and 3 piece fog light bracket kit for a very good price. I need to get the parts as cheap as possible but they need to fit right.

Quick Reply: Wrecked the stang