5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

MAC Tool Truck Stopped By Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default MAC Tool Truck Stopped By Today

The MAC truck stopped by today. I got my roll around box in finally and an extra set of jack stands. I have a shop big enough to work on my car, but I can't stand to work on it inside. So weather permitting, I pull it outside and work on it. But I find myself running back and fourth to get tools out of the box in the shop. So I am gonna outfit this box so I can work on things outside also without having to walk two miles 50ft at a time.
Attached Thumbnails MAC Tool Truck Stopped By Today-mac-box1.jpg   MAC Tool Truck Stopped By Today-mac-box2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2009, 04:31 PM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

How much did that box run you? Looks real nice for rolling around and not having to go back and forth every time you need a different tool. Wish I had one outside for sure. I always have to run back to the garage if the car's outside (which the stang currently is because the starter took a crap completely)
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I think the bill was $440 bucks for the cart and jack stands with tax. They had a sale on them this month, I think they were like $370 or so off the truck.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yeah i have a thing about mac. im in a legal battle with one of their distributors and their credit card company but i do have my share of mac tools taking up space in my box
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Matco was wanting something like $700 for a box like this and he said he wouldn't make stops by private residents home, so I was like see ya. I don't mind buying certain things from a truck, but I am in no means going to buy a enough tools from them to fill this box when I can go to Sears and get the same quality basic hand tools for a 1/4th of the price.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

this was my tool box till the driver literally stole it when i left my job to move home. i bought it with a mac credit card so it had nothing to do with his truck account which i had like 350 bucks owed to him from tools i bought. so as collateral he took my box which is stealing and now im in a huge battle over it because i refuse to pay the credit card since i dont have a box

this is my box now, husky top craftsman bottom both free and a blue point roll cart
Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

^^^Nice. I need to get me a bottom cabinet in a bad way. I have tools laying all around on my shelves and bench next to my upper craftsman box at home. partly the reason why I got this roll around box. 1- to help organize and 2- I can take it outside and work.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

look on craigslist or ebay techs are selling them like hot cakes because they are all leaving the field as am i but im keeping my tools
Old 02-24-2009, 06:57 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

i have that same cart, i use it when i do alignments since its across the shop save alot of trips. i bought mine when i was in college so it was half price. i got a snapon bottom box and riser i'll try to get a pic tomarrow. but you said you wanted a box for home, my local truck had a craftsman bottom box, like hack has in that pic but red and its not roller bearing draws, he took in on trade. i bought it for $150, i will be nice for my home garage, he says he picks up time to time and normally sells the for that price to get rid of em
Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
, but I am in no means going to buy a enough tools from them to fill this box when I can go to Sears and get the same quality basic hand tools for a 1/4th of the price.
don't take this the wrong way....but your not holding Craftsman up to the same standards/quality of MAC and Snap-on are you???

Last edited by mjr46; 02-24-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: MAC Tool Truck Stopped By Today