5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The Ford vs GM gap?

Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Well personally, i love the ls1, and i love my fox. I just love American Muscle as stated i guess.... I just hate the fact of when kids my age, maybe a little older think their car is automatically better than mine cause its newer and they MUST have spent more money on purchasing it, but in reality they probably didn't even pay as much for their car as i have in modding mine. I know my car is slow... but I built my car. It didn't just roll off the assembly line and slap a cold air intake and think OMG my car is the best on the street because i spent an hour installing a freaking CAI.

I love camaro's and firebirds, hell i trade cars with my friends all the time so i can drive their cars.

I honestly have respect for ANY built vehicle thats done right... my group of friends have majority american muscle (1998 trans am, 1999 camaro, 2 1999 mustang gt's and my car... however my friend has had 2 honda's that i highly respect due to the fact he built them up himself.... and my brothers wrx definently has my respect. i just don't get the whole battle in general i guess... whats the point, yeah i know you want to be faster than the other guy, but just because they choose a different car that CAN be faster than yours doesn't mean you should hate them, if anything i respect it.

Who knows. i don't even know where i'm going with this.... tired!!!!

Ford and Gm united amongst us =P were all 18.. and know our cars aren't special.... YET!!!

Last edited by Hollister Hoodlum; 02-25-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

It's not the car it's the people. There are people who are azzwholes if they drive a caddy or toyota mustang or camaro. Some folks think that whatever it is they own is the best no matter if it was a Kia. I'm a GM (Big Block, 1st Gen Small block) fan myself but I don't ignore the good points about other cars. Because I was so stereotyped in my own community over Big Block Chevys and that ever present White Fox body Mustang that was always going to take out my Chevelle but never showed I decided to build that Mustang and shock all my friends that thought I wouldn't do it. I like them all and when it comes to people I'll treat you just as good as you'll let me. It has nothing to do with what you drive.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

meh, Alot of ppl are willing to do work on there vehicles, they think the 5.0's are slow, old POS.

and that there car is NEWER and FASTER.

yea, you might have a couple HP on me, but when it come's down to it i think of it like this.

I MIGHT have 10k in my car total, including the tranny swap, and the cost of the car.

and my car will out run most car's on the street.

my gf just payed 7k for a V6 new edge, and it will be around 10k if she pays the full term for it.

so even if it was a GT it would be making less power then i am N/A.

idk, its all in the person.

i love 5.0's because they have personality, and to me, there the last "muscle car" ford built.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
gil4x4
1st Gear Member

I am a gearhead in general. To be honest I don't really like fuel injection, but I tolerate it. I am looking to get another fox body, just don't know when. Plus I am currently working on a 73 Dodge Charger, so hopefully sometime after summer I will try looking for a new Fox.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Feller

There are extremes on both sides. I'm a ford guy and I used to not even care about anything non ford. I wouldn't be mean about it, I just didn't care to listen. Then I realized we fight a common enemy......asia
Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I could care less if it is a Ford or a GM. I am smart enough to see the good and bad from both companies. They both have done things that make go "WTF" when I am working on them. Hell if things go as planned I might have a little suprise in store for you Fox guys in the near future.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 AM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD1969
I could care less if it is a Ford or a GM. I am smart enough to see the good and bad from both companies. They both have done things that make go "WTF" when I am working on them. Hell if things go as planned I might have a little suprise in store for you Fox guys in the near future.
Is this one of those "WTF" things you're talking about? ;P LS2 swap, incoming!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Now see, an LS2 swap into a Notch would be the perfect car with the perfect engine Add a turbo to and it just might cause the space/time continum to come apart.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i always thought a ls7 into a notch would be badass!! a badass motor in a badass car
Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fs308
i always thought a ls7 into a notch would be badass!! a badass motor in a badass car
You'll get a kick out of that GTA I've got, then. Haha. I'll take some pictures for you when the car comes back home around may.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Ford vs GM gap?