5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

haha my buddie snaped his crank lol.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM
j3rry
2nd Gear Member

Default haha my buddie snaped his crank lol.

i know this really isnt funny but kinda was at the time and he even laughed . he has 5 speed gt with gt40s and e303 cam . he took off from stop sign earlier n gave it hell and i was catchin him till all sudden i seen smoke and his belt went flyin n the air and i seen alot smoke . we popped his hood and sure as sht it snaped it . i asked him what he was tachin and he said had it up to 80 in 2nd and went to 3rd and thats when booooooom . i told his dumb **** no wonder cuz he was prob tachin 7 or more and said was at 7 when shifted . COULD THIS BE WHY IT BROKE ? i know thats not good on em tachin that high on stock block . OR COULD SOMETHING ELSE WENT BAD TO SNAP IT ? i have never seen a crank break n my life i have blown alot chevy motors but never once snaped a crank lol
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Allthough I have never blew up a Ford, I have seen a boat load of Chevy engine's break. In my defense, back then, I wasn't spinning them that hard to break either. If he just broke a belt I wouldn't think that much about it. Is his car still running? If he broke a crank, you could be able to tell real easy. I doubt his RPM had anthing to do with his belt braking.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:06 AM
j3rry
2nd Gear Member

o the crank is broke lol . he turned it over and the pulley didnt even move . and plus hermonic ballancer and pulley sets bout at a 45 degree angle now . when it broke and pulled over there was nice oil spot on ground . he jus isnt havin much luck with sht right now . i jus got off phone with him he baught another motor off a guy didnt have any oil pan guy said 150 for motor no intake either jus block pistons and heads . and said he guarntee to run . well guy dropped it off and buddie jus started lookin at it and comes to find out that motor he droped off dont have any rod bearings no main bearings or rings on pistons or head gaskets . so he jus having one hell of a time right now lol
Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by j3rry
i know this really isnt funny but kinda was at the time and he even laughed . he has 5 speed gt with gt40s and e303 cam . he took off from stop sign earlier n gave it hell and i was catchin him till all sudden i seen smoke and his belt went flyin n the air and i seen alot smoke . we popped his hood and sure as sht it snaped it . i asked him what he was tachin and he said had it up to 80 in 2nd and went to 3rd and thats when booooooom . i told his dumb **** no wonder cuz he was prob tachin 7 or more and said was at 7 when shifted . COULD THIS BE WHY IT BROKE ? i know thats not good on em tachin that high on stock block . OR COULD SOMETHING ELSE WENT BAD TO SNAP IT ? i have never seen a crank break n my life i have blown alot chevy motors but never once snaped a crank lol
Retarded with that setup, his car probably stopped making power 1k earlier.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:51 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

harmonic balancer may have had something to do with it
Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 AM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

50oz imbalance, one of fords blonde moments
Old 02-28-2009, 07:36 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

pics ftw!!!!!!!1
Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

If it just broke the snout off he could just buy a crank kit.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

..sounds like re-build time to me! pics would help....
Old 02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Tberg725
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Retarded with that setup, his car probably stopped making power 1k earlier.
Yeah the e303 is done making power around 5,500

Quick Reply: haha my buddie snaped his crank lol.