5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Epic Quest For 10's

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Smile Epic Quest For 10's

As well as some who frequent this forum know, I have a budget built 347 in a street car. I finished the installation of a N20 kit in the last 2 days. Last time at the track the car ran 11.92 @ 113mph. I pulled the measly 6K rpm chip out this evening and installed a 7k chip in the box and set my shift light at 6750 rpms. What do you know, the Ol' Pro Comp heads allow me to hit that chip like no ones business on engine only. It really turns on like a freak whe n I hit the spray so a bigger chip may be needed, we will see. Once my engine gets past 4000 rpms, it just spins up like a rocket ship. Tomorrow I am going to the track with the extended rev range and the 125 shot and I will be shocked if it doesn't reach the 10.9X index. I am going to make a couple of all motor passes and see whats happening on the track and then I am going to rip her a loose on the spray and see what happens. If I can get it to hook, I should have some good results and videos to post tomorrow, late evening. I will let you all know how it turns out weather I blow or Go.

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 03-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I was wondering how you were planning on hitting 10's cause , I honestly couldn't see you picking up a full second N/A without some major changes, but now I see the major change!!!!lol good luck
Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Chaoss84GT50
2nd Gear Member

Good luck on gettin to 10's, shouldnt be a problem with that setup. Cant wait to see some vids of that bad boy tearin up the strip!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:54 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I want to see how much I can get out of the engine before I spray it. I know after I spray it and if it hooks, they will more than likely put me on the trailer.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Are you going to smack it out the gate?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Yes, out of the gate. If it won't hold it, I will try and wait untill I get into second before I hit it.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Well, I had a very bad morning thus far today. Having major trailer light issues, along with the truck connection. Long story short, my wife used the car hauler a few months ago and about drug the connection off on the trailer, so it's fried and I need to replace it. Started chasing bad grounds all over the truck and trailer, have zero trailer lights at the moment. I do have a signal from the brake controller and running lights from the truck, just can't get brake and turn signal lights to work. So all in all, I ripped the dang back door out of the frame this morning due to a bag of the kids aluminum cans in the way and I assumed I could just mash them out of the way and the door frame gave way instead of the bag of cans. That got me extremely redlined and I started doing things rather roughly to the truck and trailer trying to figure out my problem. I finally accepted defeat for today and told myself to just go to the track and enjoy the rest of the day and start back on the truck with a fresh start on a new day with hopefully a better frame of mind. So I am not taking my turd to the track today, will have to wait untill I get home from work in a couple of weeks. But I will post results with timeslip pics and videos.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

you should of just drove the car to the track, I did just that today, got 6 runs and could of had 20+....infact I left early cause i Had stuff to do at home
Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Track is 80 miles away and I'm running a 3.90 gear with a C4 tranny. Not hwy friendly at those long distances. I did see a bunch of racing though. It was a decent time for the family and I. Which car did you run and what about E.T's?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

which nitrous kit do you have?

Quick Reply: Epic Quest For 10's