5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Front License Plates...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Default Front License Plates...

i dunno how many forum members are from MA, but im one of them. and one of the things im dreading is putting a front plate on...so i was looking to get some advice as to where a good mounting place would be. or kits that can legally relocate them. ive seen people put them in the windshield but ive heard about getting pulled over and how it can be a hazard n stuff for accident reasons.

how about rhode island? ive seen a few people on here from RI.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Chaoss84GT50
2nd Gear Member

you can modify a stock license plate bracket to make it offset to the left or right if you have the LX front bumper. Now if you have a GT then you probably wont want to cover up either of your foglights. Get creative and go stare at your bumper you will come up with something.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chaoss84GT50
you can modify a stock license plate bracket to make it offset to the left or right if you have the LX front bumper. Now if you have a GT then you probably wont want to cover up either of your foglights. Get creative and go stare at your bumper you will come up with something.
yea i was thinking about an offset, but then again i got the thought....ricer
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
steel1
2nd Gear Member

I live in CT. and don't use a CT. front plates on my Mustang or my daily driver(both vehicles have STEELER plates), only have a CT. plate on my wife's car. I am on the road alot for work and have never been stopped for it.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Chaoss84GT50
2nd Gear Member

If you do it to make it look like it was meant to be that way ricer wont pop into anyones head, the word people will think of is "STOCK". Then again it is all how you perceive your own car, people could tell you all day long you have the sweetest ride they have ever seen but if you arent happy then it isnt right, you know what I mean?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Modfox5.8

I live in RI & have had my front plate in the window for a year now. Never gotten pulled over for that specific reason either. But I do have a friend that has. I plan on keeping mine there until they get me lol
Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Modfox5.8
I live in RI & have had my front plate in the window for a year now. Never gotten pulled over for that specific reason either. But I do have a friend that has. I plan on keeping mine there until they get me lol
yea, well i was thinking of doing that. but ive kinda got a bad driving record. lol ive had my fair share of stops. but only actually gotten 1 ticket. and for that one ticket ive had my license suspended for 30 days, but that was before i turned 18.

who knows, ill look into the offset front plate, might look cool.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

i currently don't have a front license plate and i live in tx so technically its illegal. but my friend with a 94 uses 4 suction cups and tachs it to the top right of the windsheild (passenger side) and has never been bothered. i plan on putting mine right there as well.

When you say windshield are you talking about just placing on the dash?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crusin92red5.0
i currently don't have a front license plate and i live in tx so technically its illegal. but my friend with a 94 uses 4 suction cups and tachs it to the top right of the windsheild (passenger side) and has never been bothered. i plan on putting mine right there as well.

When you say windshield are you talking about just placing on the dash?
well yea, that, and ive heard of people taking their license plate, and double sided mounting tape, and putting it in the passenger side corner of the windshield, whether thats legal or not, im not too sure of. i just dont want to have to screw into my LX bumper
Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

i've always heard it just as to be in view.

Quick Reply: Front License Plates...