5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

anything else i would need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Default anything else i would need?

Ok as many of you know im currently putting in a novi 2000 (has been going on for a long time) just got the money to order some more parts that i need so i just want to go over everything, and see if i am missing anything!
Ordering:
-Boost guage
-42# injectors
-255 pump
-fuel pump regulator, and guage
-PMS tuner

I cant think of anything else can you?

Also is there any brand boost guage is should go for? any recomendations?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Nope, sounds like you are set. Some people run a fuel gauge too to monitor their fuel input, but since you have an A/F/R tuner you should be fine. For the boost gauge, I just got a cheap Autometer one($45). It's mechanical and it works okay. Although you may want to step up to their white gauges with the green backing. It's a little bit more $$, though. Also, you'll need a pillar to mount your gauge in. I'd get a dual one, just in case you need another gauge down the road.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ya i got the 2 guage pillar already, got it with my wideband in anticipation for my boost guage down the road.
GOD i hope i dont have to spen any more money after this! CREDIT CARD DEBT FOR THE WIN
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

When officially, do you expect the car to be running? Also, the boost gauge may take a little time to install. I'd expect about an hour to complete it.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
When officially, do you expect the car to be running? Also, the boost gauge may take a little time to install. I'd expect about an hour to complete it.

When he gets through the headache of figuring out that self tuner
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
When he gets through the headache of figuring out that self tuner

ya i already read the instructinos and it doesnt seem that bad and i have a basic tune already to load. it seems straight forward and everything so im not to worried.
and im going back home thursday the 9th until easter sunday which gives me PLENTY of time to install a new fuel pump, injectors, andd everything else ..... hopefully