5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

started the tear down. my new build.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
CoDell85GT

Well this just reminded me why I haven't touched my 85 GT in let's say 10 years

Best advice is do not ditch the car! Especially after that build.

Great write up btw. I'm impressed that at 22 you overcame the rust issues.

At 19 I junked a 65 Chevy Impala SS and sold a 64 Chevelle SS for $100 because of rust issues.
I know, both Chevys, who cares?

Anyway, congrats on the announcement and I hope everything works out smoothly!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
but im also sure you or your wife make decent money and or money really isn't an issue for the essentials. yea for me and her living on our own its a constant balancing act trying to figure out where to place your money just to get ahead slightly each month. take that and then through a wrench in the gears.

i know money doesn't buy happiness but sure as hell makes things move along a little smoother.

We did alright, but look around at other people who make it on nothing, really makes you think. I just wanted you to know it isn't the end of your life, it is just the start. Responsibilities are what make you get up everyday and make a better person out of yourself. I am sure you are gonna be just fine...it was gonna happen sooner than later, why not now? You are just gonna have to suck it up and make it work.

Working on my stuff always make me feel better, get out there and get the car finished!! What do you need to finish it? I have parts laying around, maybe I can help?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Look at it this way even on the smallest budget you can still have fun. I get like $100 a month at most to put into my cars lol. At least you have gotten the hard part taken care of and getting it running. Now just take it slow and enjoy life!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by 5.0stanger
We did alright, but look around at other people who make it on nothing, really makes you think. I just wanted you to know it isn't the end of your life, it is just the start. Responsibilities are what make you get up everyday and make a better person out of yourself. I am sure you are gonna be just fine...it was gonna happen sooner than later, why not now? You are just gonna have to suck it up and make it work.

Working on my stuff always make me feel better, get out there and get the car finished!! What do you need to finish it? I have parts laying around, maybe I can help?

you're right dude, my car is my release. I got to drive it last night. i still have small puffs of white smoke out the tails at idle but i fixed the timing cover problem so it doesnt leak anymore, changed the oil...added new coolant. drove it around, no more rocker noise but the idle sounds "off" like its idling solid at 900rpms but it sounds like 550-650. and i know what it should sound like. its still fast but NOTHING like it was in that video and pulls prior to the video. i cant skate the *** end around anymore in second gear and the acceleration isnt quite there like it was. im thinkin maybe the rockers are too tight yet?

And kyle,i really appreciate the offer, as of now i dont need anything parts wise, just time to work the kinks out, hopefully no problems with it. but if i do ill keep your offer in mind

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 09-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

wow ive been gone a bit and you become a soon-to-be-daddy! thats something you'd see in the movies.. lol

itll all work out man, just think of it this way, your not in high school! one of my best friends knocked up his girlfriend when there were like 14.... luckily she got it aborted. it wasnt a fun time, somehow his parents never found out haha
but anyways, atleast for me, when something bad happens i think of how it could be worse and think about how lucky i am. then it usually turns into that worse secenario i had just thought about

everything'll turn out fine man, dont worry about it.

be cool wrap your tool! that 1-2% will get ya everytime
sorry i couldnt resist