5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

any Orange lovers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by tohoopty
my coupe dont.

the extent that most mustangs squat is retarded, they just bounce off the tires and lose traction because 99% of mustang **** dont know how to pick the proper suspension components.

Site examples: most of the 12 second mustangs on this site, some of the 11s. Check out their videos, its no secret.

Last edited by Slo5oh; 04-21-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

My car dead hooks and doesn't bounce off the tires. Does this still make me a *** like the other 99%
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slo5oh

the extent that most mustangs squat is retarded, they just bounce off the tires and lose traction because 99% of mustang **** dont know how to pick the proper suspension components.

Site examples: most of the 12 second mustangs on this site, some of the 11s. Check out their videos, its no secret.

i have gt springs in the back of my coupe and its really stiff.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
My car dead hooks and doesn't bounce off the tires. Does this still make me a *** like the other 99%
have any videos to prove it
Old 04-23-2009, 02:17 AM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Mine hardly does, yet it's on street tires. And I've seen plenty that don't. I have videos as well...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:50 AM
steve58
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by XPBaller
Looks like its got a gangsta lean...
The lean is from the hill its sitting on, I'm not much of a photographer...

I got some 2003 Chrome Cobra wheels in mind ,,No engine mods just yet,,Gotta get the T-5 rebuilt, it grinds going into 3rd.

I guess the clutch pac is bad in the rear end, she only pulls on one side, that has to be fixed after the tranny. Then the funds will be depleted til next year, but at least I'll be cruizin!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slo5oh
have any videos to prove it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsB9...eature=channel

Here is a couple of passes at the track back in December 2008. Notice no "Bouncing off the back tires". No spinning. And I added a timeslip of said car. #195 that day. Does this still make me one of the "****" in the 99% or have I just made you eat your words..... I think you know the answer = You sir.... FAIL
Attached Thumbnails any Orange lovers out there?-1st-timeslip.jpg   any Orange lovers out there?-armdrop-live08.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Slo5oh
Banned

From that distance I could barely even tell it was your car let alone see if you are bouncing off the tires lol. You can still get a low 60' and have a f'd up suspension, it just wont be as good as it otherwise could be.

Idk why you took that comment personally. I said 99%, if you feel that you dont fall into that you would obviously fall into the 1%. If you want to tell ME you arent in the 99% I want proof. (moreso than a view from the Hubble telescope)

Something like this?
(if you notice, mr. mustang is bouncing off the tires....more proof in the pudding)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYi8ALO0nVk

and yet another...in slow mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fXA...eature=related

and again still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwujH...eature=related

I hope you have a video that captures your car launching like one of these three. It would be most benificial.

Last edited by Slo5oh; 04-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Lets see a video of your car. I see you like to critique others, now let others be the judge of yours. I don't believe I run in the 99%. My car has aftermarket upper and lower boxed control arms, UPR spherical bushings in the housing, welded in subframe connectors and 4 cylinder springs front and back. Still running factory struts and oem style rear shocks.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I am scheduled to go back to the track this weekend, I will get my wife to shoot more video. Those videos were shot by her, but it was her first time to ever shoot a car at the dragstrip. I had to tell her the pro's and con's of her videos. She will do better next time. I will post results and videos once I get back home from racing, it will be up Sunday AM, unless something comes up and we can't go racing.

Quick Reply: any Orange lovers out there?