5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

So I finally joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 AM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

Default So I finally joined the club

The obnoxious exhaust club that is, lol. I got my BBK O/R H pipe installed last week and also hopped on a dyno for my club-sponsored dyno day on Sunday. Here's a quick vid I put together of both. I'll post up the dyno sheet once I can get it scanned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8FXUnPL3A

On a side note, I only got one clean dyno run in because I've been experiencing an intermittent problem where the car pretty much shuts off around 4000 rpm when running it hard. It did this at the last autox and twice on the dyno. The tuner was stumped but hooked up a wideband and confirmed it wasn't a fuel issue. Because of the intermittent nature he thought it was probably my ignition module or something. The car drives fine when cruising around normally though and has less than 40k on it.

One thing I did afterwards was pull off my cap and rotor on a whim and there was a lot of carbon build up on it. I cleaned that up a bit to hold me until I can run to the store for a new cap/rotor. I took the car out afterwards and pounded on it pretty hard and it ran like a top so I may have fixed the problem. Any ideas just in case though?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

that is not obnoxious......i think it sounds good. but i got shorties, o/r h-pipe and flowmasters, so i love that sound. i need to find somebody to tape my car so i can hear what mine sounds like. i only ever hear mine from inside the car. but if it sounds anything like yours, GREAT!!!!