5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Had my 2nd MRI Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Unhappy Had my 2nd MRI Yesterday

I have been having severe back pain since I started the build of my Orange car. I kept putting off what was wrong. I had a MRI done in Dec. 07. It showed 4 herniated disk, S-1 disk and the 3 Lumbar disk above that. I went and had a MRI done yesterday and it has gottenworse. My L3-L4 disk is herniated out past its location and sagging down towards the middle of the next vertabra. I have just about crippled myself living and doing the things I wanted. I sold my Harley Davidson about a year ago, under Doctors orders, He said if I kept on, I'd be paralized from the waist down. According to this MRI that I just had, it looks like I'm only months away from that. I didn't believe how hard it was going to be to try and change my lifestyle around to where I didn't do anything. I have to ask or wait for help to do things now and it has been quite humbling for me. I am a young man full of more pride than one man should have. I have went from being able to carry 302 longblocks from the bed of my truck and setting them on the floor in the machine shop to having to wait for my stepson to get off the bus to help me hook up the 15ft Aluminum bass/duck hunting boat to the bumper of the truck. I haven't been able to take my car to the track due to having to spend all this damn money at all these doctor's visits. Guess I just needed to rant fella's. Ya'll take care. And to you younger fella's, don't do the dumb crap like I did and try and be He-Man and lift up on a bunch of useless iron.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

sucks to hear man, i hope i never have to go through that. keep a positive attitude! im sure everything will work out. good luck man!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man, so there's nothing they can do for ya? I found out a year ago that i have scoliosis after I had some back pain from playing soccer. Its really hard to just change the things you do. My doctor recommended I join debate or chess team. lol
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I also just love the way the multiple doctors try and undermind me. I get so aggravated at them. I do feel kinda bad as I cursed out my regular chiropractor this AM. He was wanting to try and adjust my hips. He is on the up and up on my MRI reports as he ordered the first one I had back in 07. It ain't nothing but a thing, I will get by. I always do, even if it means surgery or even disk replacement. Just can't afford to keep paying these damn $40 co pays plus medicine from the pharmacy. Damn this rotten economy. Give me the hay days of $4 gallon gas and I had more OT than I could shake a stick at. Now I live off of my regular 84hr/week checks and times are tuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I feel your pain my back has issues also, to much weight lifting over the years has killed me.....but dang, get the surgery!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Every doctor will tell you something different. I went to a physical therapist that deals with lifters and football players, and he said Im all good, and then went to the reg emergency room a week later and they told me to stop doing lifts that involve my lower back (including standing workouts like curls). What a ****ing nightmare man, I feel your pain.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Good luck...hope you get better!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

There are remarkable things happening in medicine these days. When I was 23 the doctors told me they doubted I'd make it to 24. That was well over 30 years ago. I got in a motorcycle accident in 84 where they were going to remove one of my legs. I refused and 6 months later I took my very first unassisted steps. I have Osteo Arthitus in my spine that put me in a wheel chair for a few months 3 surguries later I could walk again. When I exited my mothers womb I had heart problems. I still have heart problems and Feb 8th of this year I had a heart attack and had two stints put in. I'm having an electrical problem worked on again in august. My point here is I can relate before I give you my advice.

When a doctor tells you can't don't listen. When a doctor tells you have 50/50 odds Listen to him. Don't ever give up and don't give in to the pain. I hurt so bad sometimes I can't hardly move. Thats when I push harder. I don't depend on pain killers because your body becomes ammune to them and you end up dependant without releif. I may take one hydrocodone a week if I have a really rough day going on. Life can be brutal and so many people take it for granted. Have the surgury, get better and stay away from Chiropractors. They just make problems worse. Find yourself the best hospital close to where you live (normally medical univer are the best) and get the problem taken care of. I really pray all works out for you.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys. The Chiropractor started out with a huge *** neck/headache pain. Inwhich he cured. I have been going to him since. I work in the Oilfield, as a contract Production Lead Operator. I started my oilfield carrer as a roughneck on a drilling rig and moved my way up the ladder. Now I have alot less physical job, I still have things to do, even as the boss. But the oilfield is the oilfield and they cringe at the fact that you have back problems. I am in good with my Production Superintendant and my Foreman. They know me well and know my persenal life to an extent. I just don't know how they will react to me having surgery. I know back surgery these days are outpatient cases most of the times. But the oilfield has had so many cases of lawsuits against them about back trouble it's not even funny. I do plan on getting my problem taking care of, just don't know what reprocutions I face ahead. I have always been a company hand, no union involved, it's just how I feel when I get hired with a company. July of this year, I will have been with my company for 6 yrs and that is a long time to have stayed with one company in my field. Mostly they get run off or quit for better money. So I am hoping for a hire on by the independant oil company I work for.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

If you are willing to work there is always another job. Your health comes first. 99.9% of places could care less about your health.

Quick Reply: Had my 2nd MRI Yesterday