5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anther one of those pesky Foxes off the road.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default Anther one of those pesky Foxes off the road.

Before, the OMG What did you do, it WASNT me, my brother

Back Story, my brother is driving on a road that is literally right next to the freeway, runs next to it, and is about 100 feet above it, with a dropoff, only barrier between the road is about 10 feet of dirt and a chain link fence. Hes driving in the left lane, and hes pulling up on this audi, who proceded to switch lanes when he was right behind him, ended up going into a skid, hits the fence (takes out about 7 posts) and ends a good foot from falling onto the freeway and dying (not ****ing kidding). The guy stopped, and then took off (2 witnesses gave their story to the po-leese and said it was the guys fault) and one of my dads coworkers saw it happen from the freeway, and then saw the guy blow through a red light...

so yeah, hes never been happier, he only cares about the fact that hes alive, and that he didnt get impaled by the fence posts

anyway, heres some pics.

To give you an idea of HOW close this was, the tow truck started to pull it, and after about half a foot it started to roll down to the freeway

heres pics at my house of the carnage

Tire wear from sliding, these were relatively new tires

Busted rim

Old 04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

also, For those who care, its got a 347, and if he can buy it back for a relatively not gay price (its totalled, DEFINATELY) then ill probably buy it off him...
Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

So the audi caused him to skid? by hitting him or by ur bro slamming on the brakes?

Either way, man I hate to see 5.0s go to the junkyard. At least my car's a tiny bit more rare now!! Cause you know they won't ever make repro bodies, they only do that with overpopular muscle cars like Gen 1 camaros.

Even if it costs a decent bit, if it was a good stroker w/ good motor mods, that might be worth the price.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

maybe, he didnt really take care of it(hence brake dust and dirty *** car) but it ran, and i plan on rebuilding it anyway, so a 347 for cheap would be nice

The audi cut him off, he went into the right lane to pass/avoid crash, while on his brakes, sudden jerk caused ski (pointing away from freeway) overcorrecting caused skid up the curb (wheel damage, pointing TOWARD freeway), and hitting the fence, then i dunno what happened after that, but the witnesses said that it was the audis fault, i guess
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Well, if you can get the 347 out of it, yeah that's just a stroker in a stock block, hopefully it had heads, but you can still part out the rest of the car. 8.8 rear housing.... did he have gears... trans... maybe suspension.... ds.... interior maybe... alot of money u can potentially get.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

he should of hit the bastardo, then at least he might of gotten the tool to stop
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Red interior on a black 5.0? Was it repainted?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

Ouch. I would have rear ended the *****.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:16 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

he should have rear ended the guy, i would have, but he didnt, he thought more of, maybe i can save this, then, im ****ed, lets make sure of this guys fault, or whatever

hes been trying to get rid of the car anyway...
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Chadwick86
2nd Gear Member

F that sucks *****. He was lucky for sure though! It totally could have been waaaay worse. Tell him to salvage the b!tch, and 4-banger body conversion it up If he's been trying to get rid of it like you said, I'd be all over it (if its decently priced ).

Quick Reply: Anther one of those pesky Foxes off the road.