5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

High School Competition!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

Girls were the only thing on my mind in highschool, contrary to popular belief, fast cars do not get girls. Why would you want to beat the **** out of your car just to tear it up, wreck it, or even worse, Kill someone? I guess I was fortunate enough to go to a school where the fastest car there was a stock honda prelude. We never raced and parents were smarter than to buy there bratty *** kids fast cars.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahittz24
contrary to popular belief, fast cars do not get girls..
If it hadn't been for fast cars and motorcycles I'd be the oldest Virgin on the planet, lol
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Portmaster
If it hadn't been for fast cars and motorcycles I'd be the oldest Virgin on the planet, lol

I have to disagree, we are from the same neck of the woods, I have never pulled tail because of a car, I have owned a 68 camaro, 70 chevelle ss, and my current mustang and never pulled *** because of them.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Eh i had the fastest cars at my school and they did not get me laid. Guess it all depends on were you live. Anyways id start by doing headers and full exhaust and cold air intake. After that save up for head and cam combo
Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

thats f*cking bull. how some little pukes parents bought him an 04 cobra...and hes in high school...kids gotta learn to work for their sh*t.....everything in my sig i bought myself...and did most of the labor...and when the time comes soon, ill be insuring it and registering it...no freebies here...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Country girls are impressed by anything faster than a John Deere,lol I truly beleive I yanked some of the hottest chicks in school form rides on my Harley and rides a few of my fast cars. I had hands down the fastest car in school and the girls wanted to ride in it. It may not have been what got me my panty collection but it sure got the fish to the hook. I now ride either my Custom Honda Valkyrie or GoldWing. When I ride the Valkyrie I have to damn near have beat the women off that want to go for a ride. When I ride the GoldWing I'm just a Fat guy out riding a motorcycle. It matters

There are just some girls/woman that are turned on by cars, bikes and trucks.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TopNotch89
thats f*cking bull. how some little pukes parents bought him an 04 cobra...and hes in high school...kids gotta learn to work for their sh*t.....everything in my sig i bought myself...and did most of the labor...and when the time comes soon, ill be insuring it and registering it...no freebies here...
How can you say he was some little puke? You don't even know him. When my kids did well in school, stayed out of trouble and were well mannered young adults. While I never bought one of them an SVT Cobra I did buy the ones that stayed out of trouble a new car when they got there drivers licence. They got to pick what they drove(within reason)My kids wern't spoiled rotten but most of them were hard working nose to the grindstone types. For that hard work there was a reward. They deserved it.

I also had to work for everything I ever got. I was a slave to my fathers garage when I was a kid. All I ever got was a Hard time and 25 cents an hour. I have one son who just turned 36. He has been nothing but a constant sorce of problems, trouble, drug addictions, alcohol and stress. I've yet to buy him any kind of vehicle
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

the motorcycle is a sure way to get some tail lolol
Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 PM
ponyboy88
3rd Gear Member

haha, lol i credit both my girl friends to my stang, and yes i paid for it myself back when i was 17.
As far as being the fastest, learn to drive good, do some gears and exhaust and you'll beat a good amount of things running in high school. Ive never street raced for money (but if i could i wouldnt think twice), be smart about it and have fun. Honestly, i know people say its stupid but if your having fun and manage not to hurt anyone its a damn shot better then sitting on your *** in front of a tv.

(if you know what your doing get a 351, easy swap and easier to build power.)
Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Little hint, DON'T put nitrous on your car and tell someone at school.

Quick Reply: High School Competition!