5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Who currently manufactures the best subframe connectors?

Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

Default Who currently manufactures the best subframe connectors?

I've done alot of research on Ebay regarding pricing and manufacturers and not entirely sure whose are junk and whose are worth the money. So far Blue Oval Industries has some affordable looking stuff but a friend suggested Maximum Motorsports for them. Is there a great set of subframe connectors out there for like $100?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 PM
FLcracker9
3rd Gear Member

I can't tell you who makes the best, I can only comment on the ones I bought. I just installed a set of UPR full length subframe connectors earlier this week, and they were $129. They are a quality product, and they came with torque box reinforcment plates for both sides, which I feel gives you a better platform on which to weld the rear portion. My only gripe with them was the directions. They have been photo copied so many times, that you can't even begin to see the diagrams, and I couldn't find the instructions online. A call to UPR also produced no help. Once I got under the car, they were kinda self explanatory
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the insight my friend. I will certainly look into UPR's. What was your weld time start to finish for both connectors?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Maximum Motorsports XL full length subframe connectors are probably the strongest on the market.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra
Maximum Motorsports XL full length subframe connectors are probably the strongest on the market.
I second that comment.

stiffened the frack outta my convertible.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Night Terror
2nd Gear Member

alot of people like MM and steeda

i personally shopped around alot and went to a longisland shop AFX who goes with a different brand he always uses...

as long as its welded in, with all those brackets and extra braces, you can't go wrong
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra
Originally Posted by Shelty
I second that comment.

stiffened the frack outta my convertible.
+1

I will be installing Maximum Motorsport XL full length Convertible subframe's today. they cost me $123 shipped to my door, (from stangsuspension.com) and i was VERY surprized by the quality of them.

they are right at 6feet long, and very big/strong steel.

The quality is surprizing, i just hope the result's are too!

I will be making a thread about before and after the subframe's next week after i visit the track on wedsday, so keep a look out for the thread if youd like
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 AM
FLcracker9
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Patsfan34
Thanks for the insight my friend. I will certainly look into UPR's. What was your weld time start to finish for both connectors?
Weld time for me was about an hour per side, between moving around under the car, and wire wheeling the frame for a good weld. I went with the UPR full lenths for 2 reasons, one because they come with weld on torque box plates (to give you a better welding area on the rear subframe), and 2, UPR is only a few miles from my house (I left there with subframe connectors, upper and lower adjustable control arms, poly bushings for rear end side of the uppers, and billet CC plates). Like the MM connectors, The UPRs are fully gusseted from the factory, along with side brackets that allow for a larger welding area. I went with full lengths in case I decide to mod the car any further, I don't have to worry about the subframe connectors. I also did the torque box reinforcements while I was at it, and fully welded them in too.