5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

FINALLY FOUND IT! got another fox.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
My favorite part is the mud/snow tires on the back. keep those babies for a conversation piece.lol Nice find. I paid $1000 for my coupe 4cyl, it ran as good as a new one, but the tranny was smoked and wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats ***. I see a build thread in your future. You know you want to.
i think it's just having some slight issue's. maybe a vaccum leak. or a carb problem.

i dont know jack about the 3speed auto's so hopefully they are stronger/more reliable then my old AOD was :/
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

congrats, looks like its pretty solid there...

now get some decent wheels on it, a good tuneup and some fresh paint and she'll look good as new....

or find a wrecked SVO, or turbo coupe and swap in the driveline... wham 2.3 turbo that will prolly be faster than your vert.... haha
Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
i think it's just having some slight issue's. maybe a vaccum leak. or a carb problem.

i dont know jack about the 3speed auto's so hopefully they are stronger/more reliable then my old AOD was :/
Your car either has a C4 or C5, either way, is better platform than the old "DOA" you had. Plus you can buy one hell of a C4 built up for 800+hp for less than $1400 delivered to your door.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

someone once told me you can physically tell the difference between a c4 and a c5 by the number of bolts on the transmission pan... like 11 meant c4 and 13 meant c5...

but I have no idea if that is correct or not so someone please verify this or call me dumb...
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

You son of a B. That's what I've been looking for in that price range! Good find!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

WOW, not all that bad....good find
Old 05-22-2009, 04:44 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

thank's fella's. i was pretty lucky to get it intime. Ive called a few people over the last few month's and they sell the car within the first DAY of posting...

PICTURE TIME!

the seat's look good under the cover's, so dunno why they are there. drive seat is worn to the damn frame.

SHIFT LIGHT ON A AUTOMATIC?! SWEEET!! (LOL)
temp gauge does not work... where are the temp sensor on these?!?!?

cant tell if it's 180,000 or 80,000 yet....

this mop handle/stick thing was proped under the car for some reson... it fell off when we parked the car...... they had it wedged underthere, and i cant seem to see why... it was on the driverside running back to front, so idk wtf it was doing there. new front seat belts

2.3l 88hp fury!

ignition wiring mess.....

starter silinoid wiring mess....

more mess

electric fan...... that is set up to run full blast non-stop it seems

fan relay that has cut and mangled wire's hanging out of it..

small rust spot on 1/4 window

trunk had a bottle jack, spare, looks like two ball joints, the old fuel pump they replaced, sunglasses, and a few other odd things

Check out the "custom" paint on the drum's, lol. some kind of all seson/winter tires on the rear

just a passenger body shot

girlfriend nagged me that we had errend's to run, so ill get more picture's soon.

driverside motor mount is screwed, motor shakes around when starting, but not at idle so it's not too annoying yet.

used most a can of carb cleaner on the carb, dunno jack about them, thing is TINY! Also put a can of Seafoam in the tank. filled the radiator and burped it. Cleaned the battery posts, added a little oil (oil was low, but nice and clean)

incresed the idle speed a bit, and it now fire's up and stay's running fine. but idle's at 1500rpm in park/nuetral once it gets warm, and just under 1000 when in drive.... id like to lower the idle, but there seems to be an issue with it staying alive if i drop the idle ANY lower...

dunno if there is something wrong with the carb or what. cant find a vaccum leak at all...

BOTH door's DO NOT lock. it seems like the lock is pushed down even though the door is unlocked, and cant be pulled up, so dunno if something is *** backword or not, NEED to fix the door's, i hate that they dont lock.

struts and springs on the front have got to be shot, this thing bounce's like it has hydrolics on some bumps.....

lol, so far not so bad, still gotta get under the thing and look it over.

can anyone tell me about the transmission?

are they really C4/C5s? if so, how can i tell one from the other like blessedhellride/shelty was saying?

would be sweet if it was, then i wouldent really have to worry about it blowing up, and when i DO turn it into a drag car, just can get it built up

drove it here to work tonight, not as gutless as you would think, keep's up with traffic easy and even has working cruse control

anyway, ill update with more as i go.

Last edited by 302army187; 05-22-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:50 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86HOGT
You son of a B. That's what I've been looking for in that price range! Good find!
haha, i know! it's a auto 4cly with cruise, so its going to be perfect to DD. been looking for four month's!

Originally Posted by mjr46
WOW, not all that bad....good find
thought you of all people would like a white/black 4eye
Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Sneak a 408W into it for a Valentines gift next Feb, I'm sure you'll (I mean she'll) appreciate it ;-)
Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baddog
Sneak a 408W into it for a Valentines gift next Feb, I'm sure you'll (I mean she'll) appreciate it ;-)
lol, belive me. it's been going through my mind.

408. 150shot. built C4. 9" rearend.......

it might take two year's and me selling the 'vert to get the fund's for it though, haha

Quick Reply: FINALLY FOUND IT! got another fox.