5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Lowered my 5.0, new wheels.. before, during, after pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by John Doev1
I think it is to low for daily but for track use it looks right on. Looks alot better though.
It probably won't be seeing any track use....but thanks for the comment! I think Im happy with the height, but would prefer .5" or so higher for DD'in.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 PM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

I think its fine for daily driving.. Unless youre planning on going into a ton of speed bumps or ditches. How many inches of clearance do you have underneath? Im planning on doing something like this to my car this summer sometime
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BladeX10
I think its fine for daily driving.. Unless youre planning on going into a ton of speed bumps or ditches. How many inches of clearance do you have underneath? Im planning on doing something like this to my car this summer sometime
haha when I drive my car I know what roads are smooth, and in general all the roads around here are. I do not know exactly how much clearance I have underneath, but its not much. Since putting the springs on I have only driven it once in the last week, since its been rainin like crazy and I don't have a/c. My mufflers sit real low, not sure if thats normal, but overall the ground clearance should be fine for daily driving 'round here, and i don't think ill have any issues.

For only $150, you should do this during this summer! Bought them from http://shop.suspensionmax.com/, brand is SpringTech. $142 shipped.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:37 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

damn that bitch is low but it looks damn good!!
Old 05-23-2009, 01:40 AM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sick5.0LX
haha when I drive my car I know what roads are smooth, and in general all the roads around here are. I do not know exactly how much clearance I have underneath, but its not much. Since putting the springs on I have only driven it once in the last week, since its been rainin like crazy and I don't have a/c. My mufflers sit real low, not sure if thats normal, but overall the ground clearance should be fine for daily driving 'round here, and i don't think ill have any issues.

For only $150, you should do this during this summer! Bought them from http://shop.suspensionmax.com/, brand is SpringTech. $142 shipped.
Ill definitely check those out.. sounds like a good deal. Knowing me id probably mess something up since i dont have proper tools and stuff.. Might have my friend mechanic do it for me or something unless i find it easy enough to do it myself

Streets around here arent bad either.. theres an occasional speed bump or something but thats it. I think foxes look real good when they are dropped like that
Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...looks great!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
John Doev1
1st Gear Member

Streets in TN suck and I have had lowered cars before, gets old quick. This is one of those things that is totally up to the owner/driver of the car though as far as opinion and tolerance. Like I said looks great to me atleast.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

looks good. a lil different seeing a saleen rear bumper on a GT but huge improvement
Old 05-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelty
looks good. a lil different seeing a saleen rear bumper on a GT but huge improvement
Yeah man when I got the car I considered puttin a GT bumper back on it.. but you sure don't see many GTs with tips and that kind of bumper, so in order to be a tad different I decided to keep it!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BladeX10
That looks 100x better. now i need to do mine. How hard was it to switch out the springs?
fronts are cakewalk. you dont need a spring compressor unless you're putting stock ones back in or you're doing drag springs. drop springs go right in. pull the balljoint nut off and drop the a-arm. put the isolators on etc, then put the spring in and jack the a-arm back into place, put the nut on and you're done. i did enough drop springs at the dealership lol

Quick Reply: Lowered my 5.0, new wheels.. before, during, after pics!