MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   Lets talk about this car (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/540165-lets-talk-about-this-car.html)

domindart 05-24-2009 09:20 PM

Lets talk about this car

3 Attachment(s)
I got these pics from another forum. The guy has 275s on the 10 hole rims. I like it. I want to do this on my mustang IF I get serious about running the car. I am thinking drag strip racing, not on-road (street), though I think you could run these on the street.

I had a set of 10 holes that originally came with my car. But I didnt like the do-nut look (big tires) so I got some ponys.

But I wanted to keep the 10 holes cause they make good drag rims. Well, I let a friend barrow those and they were never returned.

Anyways, I want to get a pair of these if I get into drag racing. Will they scrap you think?

I mean rub in the fender wells? I hope I dont have to hammer in the fenders or anything, but heres the pics-

oh, they are MT (mickey tompsons)

AdderMk2 05-24-2009 09:22 PM

10 holes are ugly as ****...

get the summit drags or stars

domindart 05-24-2009 10:22 PM

Ill check those out. Or **** maybe Ill just buy a ferrari.

mjr46 05-24-2009 10:49 PM

the prob you 'll have is the tire will be crunched on the 10 holes, the 275 needs a min of a 8 inch rim the 10 holes are 7 inch

domindart 05-24-2009 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 6228223)
the prob you 'll have is the tire will be crunched on the 10 holes, the 275 needs a min of a 8 inch rim the 10 holes are 7 inch

so this guy is running a wrong set up? hmmmmm

domindart 05-24-2009 11:53 PM

What other rims do you guys recommend? I was looking at the summit site but saw nothing interesting yet for cheap as the 10 holes.

What is the proper or max size tire you can run on a ten hole rim?

I know that people use the 10 hole for draging, I thought of them due to their being inexpensive.

Maybe I can find some nice looking cheap rims of 4 matching that I can run, possibly a skinny pie cutter up front? Maybe something I can run on the street too? Just brainstorming here.....

Shelty 05-24-2009 11:57 PM

unless he had the 10 holes widened...

there was a feature car in mmff that had widened pony's out back

domindart 05-25-2009 12:02 AM

Sounds like more $$. I just want a cheap set up I can count on. I dont want fatty fattys that will scrub the fenderwells bad.

Anyone know what the widest I can go on a ten hole rim is?????

93stallion302 05-25-2009 12:08 AM

IDk how he did it, but if you find out let me know. and widening Ponies is a waste of money, They already come by 10.5 if you want them

domindart 05-25-2009 12:46 AM

I just read this at another forum:

"Stick or automatic. The only really GOOD DR's are the Mickey Thompsons.... but stick cars need bias ply DOT or regular slicks. The DR sidewalls are too stiff and don't handle shock loads very well, and once they start spinning, they keep spinning. (not good for a stick car)"

"I would buy a cheap set of 10 hole rims and mount a set of M/T drag slicks on them for when you're at the track.
If you don't need them for the street, then just buy the non DOT slicks.
You will then still have your nice set of matched wheels/tires for the street."