5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Big Brown truck rolled up today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by mjr46
dang, everytime I look at that sig I'm jealous, although my ride too has cut 1.50's for 60 fts it just never looks like that when it launches
Haha, don't worry, you have the et though. If you launched like I do, I'm sure your car would look just like mine.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 AM
93stallion302
3rd Gear Member

Nice Seats. I ordered that same pair of seats like 1 year and a half ago from ebay, and they were the worst investment ever.Im a big guy, so im sure that played into it. I installed them and sat down.BOOM, backrest broke off, They are made of thin walled 3/4in tubing. and they are tech welded together. I rewelded them and then they broke again, just above the weld. I hope you have better luck than me, but im a skeptic of those seats cause they look so nice,but are made so cheaply. Not to mention what could happen if God forbid your in a car accident.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86 5.0L
come live in this ****hole of a desert, where the inside of a car can get to 130*+

hey adder are they real leather?
Psh. Come live in THIS ****hole of a desert.

I burned my elbow to the point of blistering today by putting it on the center console in my Jeep after leaving it out in the sun for 8 hours.

Can't wait to get back to the states in a week
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by capri debris
The answer involves simple physics based on the conductive properties of a certain material. I learned in 10th grade that a piece of steel at 100* feels hotter than a piece of wood at 100* because steel is much more conductive than wood, meaning the heat in the steel with transfer from it to your flesh much quicker than the heat from the wood to your flesh. If you don't believe me, lay a piece of steel and a block of wood out in the hot sun and after about an hour, go out and put you hand on each of them at tell me wich one "feels" hotter. That is why cloth seats don't burn your butt like leather or vinyl will... then factor in the better breathability of a cloth seat. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE your seats, but they DO have a drawback. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just making a point. And BTW, yes, I DO wear shorts and when you say, "If that's your thing" you make it sound like a BAD thing. LOL. I think people who wear long pants in 85* weather are just plain wierd... are you afraid to show your legs?
yes yes i didn't need a physics lesson, i know all this garbage. My point was they really are the same temp but one just feels hotter. It's the same thing in the winter time when you grab one of your wrenches in the garage and it feels like you're holding ice. Even though the gloves next to the wrench are the same temp they don't feel nearly as cold...
Old 05-31-2009, 01:41 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by QatarStang
I burned my elbow to the point of blistering today by putting it on the center console in my Jeep after leaving it out in the sun for 8 hours.
HAHA, i got a blister once on the seatbelt metal tongue, another on my arm from the window sill, and the steering wheel ouch dont get me started >_<, I use a rag shirt to cover it now