5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

So I went from a 5.0 to an LS1 camaro, recently something crazier!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 AM
eightyfivefiveohh

i dont mean to get into stuff that doesn't need to be brought in here...
but cch, i posted a thread about two weeks ago and you were anything but helpful, you weren't as negative as some of the people in this thread but you definitely weren't anything nice. sorry to get off topic. everyone has their own times.

anyway Mac, props on the build. i think it's cool! i can see the die hard ford guys not liking it, same for the die hard chevy guys.. however, it's cool!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Mac93
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eightyfivefiveohh
anyway Mac, props on the build. i think it's cool! i can see the die hard ford guys not liking it, same for the die hard chevy guys.. however, it's cool!
Thanks! You're right, obviously it's controversial to do one of these swaps but let me tell you it's FUN! I had only done minor fabricating before I started this and for the build I had to make a lot of custom pieces. I made the gauge cluster panel, a new trans cross member, I built the complete turbo kit, converted the cable clutch assy to operate the f-body hydraulics, I built most of the engine, and now I'm tuning it myself. Definitely learned a lot so far.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 AM
eightyfivefiveohh

sounds like it. i would love to do that, but being the poor high school kid i am, no way it's happening anytime soon lol. well good luck finishing it. post up a video when you're done
Old 06-07-2009, 02:26 AM
cch
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eightyfivefiveohh
i dont mean to get into stuff that doesn't need to be brought in here...
but cch, i posted a thread about two weeks ago and you were anything but helpful, you weren't as negative as some of the people in this thread but you definitely weren't anything nice. sorry to get off topic. everyone has their own
Yes, I apologize for my quick, rhetoric statement that had no benefit, I was in the wrong. Kinda had one of "these" nights and I released some frustration during my post, I'm sorry. It's not a common occurrence.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 AM
eightyfivefiveohh

It's all good and I appreciate your apology. But I agree with you on what you were saying. If you don't something nice or constructive to say why waste your time saying it. And then in turn wasting everyone else's by clogging up the post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by cch
Who the hell cares what anyone else does, did, or what their opinion is...

You sound like a hypocrite yelling at us for voicing our opinion against the ls1 in a fox, yet you say who cares what people like. You're taking it way to personal.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
cch
3rd Gear Member

...you're not even worth the time..
Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

As usual the people who cry the most about this kind of swap are the ones with slow, junk *** hillbilly cars (yes that comment is directed at two specific members who have posted in this thread). If can't even build a decent car that runs good or looks nice, you have no room to say anything to anyone else. One other thing that all the "shoulda built a 347" guys are missing is the the fact that an LS1 will be quite a bit lighter due to the alum. block and heads, not to mention the fact that it won't slit itself in half at 500 hp. A fox ECU is like trying make a car run using an Atari compared to the LS1 ECU. THe fact is that hot rodders have been swapping motors for decades, this is nothing new, but only the "real" car guys will understand that.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:48 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by cch
No, I've played the nice guy I haven't said sweet **** **** to anybody. Why the criticism and pessimism. All the ******* time. Why can't this place just be happy and helping. That's all I ever do, try to pitch in, help when I can, give credit where it's due but Keep my ******* mouth shut if I have a negative opinion concerning anything. IT DOESN'T HELP. There is no benefit, it's not gonna change the op's mind, just frustrate him and make another smart person quit this forum like everyone else, solely leaving all the ******** behind. If you don't have anything good to say keep your mouth shut! Didn't your mom teach you anything, Or was it only ever disrespect in your household? There's no excuse! Who the hell cares what anyone else does, did, or what their opinion is... YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT. Could sit here and razz on and on all night, taring you all down to pieces but what's the ******* point, wouldn't be any better then you. Get out of your parents basement, stop sucking mama's tit and grow the **** up cause I've had enough with the bullsh!t.

And mods, you should make this post a sticky, for all the newcomers to read... and on a side note, if there's a problem with anything I said feel free to pm me, we'll have a discussion... but I think it's been overdue and longcoming.
Not gonna happen, what I should do is delete the post but since this is turning into another pissing match.........thread is done for now...sorry OP