5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The WORST night of my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Fox23
2nd Gear Member

Default The WORST night of my life ~( NEW PICS )~~

So i was driving to pick up someone at 1am in the morning and it had been raining about an hour before so it was pretty slippery conditions. I was taking a right hand turn and as you all know our 5.0s are **** in rain.. my car started to fish tail and instead of letting off the gas i tried to out steer the car.. ( i know im retarded ) and ended up going 180* over a island is the middle of the road. My front end went over and my back end spun around and the back tire hit it on the side and had no where to go so my tire totaly broke right off the axel.. the lugs broke right off, the rotor is smashed off, my rim is busted, the tires is ****ed.

Im in the worst mood iv ever been in, in my entire life. I only work part time and i cant even imagine how much money this is going to cost me.. Im pretty sure that my whole rear end will need to be replaced? and i only paid 1700 dollars for the car so i dont even know if the car is worth fixing?

Thank god the police and insurance werent involved. I did have a drink or 2 before going out but was no where close to being under the influence to the point where i couldnt make proper judgements. But if police were involved i probably would have gotten ****ed.

I have to work in the morning but i dont know if ill be able to make it in. My hand is pretty banged up some how.. Everything that was in my pockets ended up in the back seats of the car. Ill take pictures ofthe damage when i get a chance tomorrow and post it for you guys to see what you guys think i should do.

the car has 290,000 Kms on it, a good amount of rust on the body.. but the engine still runs good. im 18 and only working part time.. so its not like i got money to just throw around and stuff...

what u guys think..

Here are the new pics guys.

I got all the bolts off the driveshaft, control arms, shocks ect,.. except the last 2 bolts! I have been at this thing all day! iv even broken 2 wrenches lmao.. these bolts were bolted on for good.. Theres alot of picture but if you go threw the album you will see the picture of the bent peice of metal by the axel that the brakes and stuff mount onto.

http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/Fox23Lx/

Last edited by Fox23; 08-11-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:13 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

poor notch, atleast you're ok....
Old 08-09-2009, 02:46 AM
domindart
3rd Gear Member

thats what you get for playing around in the rain LOL j/kdding.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

uhhh, poor judgment about drinking even that amount in the rain... and trying to out steer the car...

But atleast you're okay. As for the car... if it hit hard enough to break the wheel clean off i wouldn't be surprised if you have frame damage, i hit a curb when i couldn't see it once with my front wheel and it tweaked mine pretty good, cracked the windshield...

Pics are needed.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that OP. I've had the *** end of my 5.0's come alive like a wrecking ball in the rain. Luckily it happened to you early so hopefully you've learned your lesson and the fact that it happened in an inexpensive car. I'm sorry to say that based on your description of the damage, you may want to start over. I'll wait for the pictures but that's my initial thought...
Old 08-09-2009, 03:14 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

sounds like to me the car is going to be parked for a VERY long time. if i were you id buy a bicycle and a rain coat to get to work.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:32 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

i got hit at 40mph or so almost right on my passenger side wheel and my car was fine.

the riced out old ford truck hit me spinning me into the labaron.he was doing 40-45 in a 30mph zone.i was crossing, head on with my wheel and lower qrtr, the weel stroped him from ripping my *** off the car. if you broke the rim and studs you hit way harder than me.
i just realized i switched the rim in the pic cus it was bent. so its pictured with a differant rim.

Last edited by 86GT 93LX; 08-09-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:38 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

prob just need a new axel and rim.

but like it's been said, your control arm's are probably tweeked, might have body damage where the box's meet the body, could have tweekd it.

no real telling.

shouldent have been drinking and driving at 18year's old.

My car is alot more aggresive then your's, including the micky thopson drag radial's on the rear, and i dont have any problem in LIGHT rain.

live and learn.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Fox23
2nd Gear Member

I know. I woke up this morning wishing this was a dream.. Thanks fs308. I pretty much wanted to die when i read that lol.. but ill get pics of the damage after work today and post em. i hope it wont cost more then like 1,500 or else i think i mind aswell start over..
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Fox23
2nd Gear Member

alright my buddy just replaced his rear end and still has his 7.5, Would that rear end work in mine? Iv got a 1988 Lx 5 speed. If so what else would i need? control arms?

yeah it was pretty bad. When i tried to steer the opposite way my fish tail just grew even bigger and my car turned into something iv never seen it do.. it just threw it self 180*.. When i went over the island in the middle of the road i started to panic so i tried to throw it in reverse but the car wasnt moving, so i tried to go forward in 1st and same thing. So i jumped out and ran around the car to discover my tire totally off and my car resting ontop of the smashed rim.

Thats right about where my heart sank.

I went into the garage today to look at my poor car quickly and iv got fluid dripping from the rotor area. And i say rotor area because there used to be one there lol.

Last edited by Fox23; 08-09-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: The WORST night of my life