5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Where can I find a good NWC case?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:41 PM
iron ranger

Default Where can I find a good NWC case?

On my NWC T-5 transmission, the bearing cap is weeping gear oil past the case there. My brother just re-built it 700 miles ago, and he told me that if it leaks there, the hole is worn out and a new case is the only way to repair it. It slid into position, not pressed in.

Where can I find a new or at least a good case for my NWC? I know they don't make them anymore(only the WC), but I was wondering if you guys know anything.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

there is an o-ring that goes on that bearing cap and is pressed into place with the o-ring on the cap and to flacilitate it to press into place I put a small amount of silicon on it otherwise it'll often tear and cause the leak, I seriously doubt the hole is worn, the bearing cap is stationary and there is nothing there to cause it to wear, I'd call it installer error!!!.....after pressing it into place carefully i ADD A HALF quart of tranny fluid and tip case up so fluid covers bearing and let it sit for a hour or two to insure no leaks, , never had one leak due to age and when it is installed properly
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM
iron ranger

Originally Posted by mjr46
there is an o-ring that goes on that bearing cap and is pressed into place with the o-ring on the cap and to flacilitate it to press into place I put a small amount of silicon on it otherwise it'll often tear and cause the leak, I seriously doubt the hole is worn, the bearing cap is stationary and there is nothing there to cause it to wear, I'd call it installer error!!!.....after pressing it into place carefully i ADD A HALF quart of tranny fluid and tip case up so fluid covers bearing and let it sit for a hour or two to insure no leaks, , never had one leak due to age and when it is installed properly

Woah, wait a minute. There's an o-ring that goes on the cap bearing? On a Non-world class case? You're not talking about a World Class, are you?

Also, like I said, the cap slid in, didn't press in.

Could you explain for me, please?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

lots on ebay