5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

i'm so irked right now

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ya' know what gets me irked?? when I'm trying to sell performance parts and people expect me to sell the parts to them for the price I list them at with a comeback of "shipped" wtf?? ummm no then they wanna use pay pal and slam me with another 3-4 %loss, by that time the price is so whored down I might as well give it away.........people sorry vent
Old 08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

no man, i hear ya mike. there is time for wheelin and dealin....but when you're tryin to F*** someone, lay off buddy!

this guy really pissed me off. i got the owner down to 250 on the motor, im tryin to get it for lesss since the OD shows 66k miles.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

good luck
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
LT61
2nd Gear Member

Yea, there's a lot of stupid people out there.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
ya' know what gets me irked?? when I'm trying to sell performance parts and people expect me to sell the parts to them for the price I list them at with a comeback of "shipped" wtf?? ummm no then they wanna use pay pal and slam me with another 3-4 %loss, by that time the price is so whored down I might as well give it away.........people sorry vent

i hear you on this one. reminds me of when i had that 69 351w block for sale. i was selling it for 300 i think. that guy ask me if i could ship for 300. i told him to *** off and stop wasting my time
Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

You called a junk yard and thought you were going to talk to someone who had made it past 5th grade? When you call those places you have to be willing to lower yourself to their level.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:21 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

haha, you got that right! i liked that place too, sucks how one person can ruin it for you. i spend tons of money at that place. they usually have lots of good stuff and the yard is huge so it saves me money on parts for my customers.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

tell them to throw in the computer and all parts containing the engine and i think you got a good deal for 250.

if the odo is correct thats gonna be a steal
Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

While not entirely the same thing, I've run into the stupid people problem... my 91 5.0 convertible was finally done and ready to show last autumn, and I wanted a different shift **** - it's an AOD tranny. I found a billet Hurst **** for an auto transmission with the side button at Autozone of all places, and while I was trying to figure out if it was compatible with my car, the sales guy (and he was young, like 25-30ish - keep that in mind) kept hovering over me, nagging me if I needed his help. I finally handed him the shift ****, said, That's my Mustang out there. (I nodded to it where it was parked right in front of the building) If you can tell me if it will work with the AOD that's in it, and tell me how to get the OEM T-handle off, I'll buy this."

He goes, uhm, uh. Yeah. Well. Yeah. I... I just work here. I don't know anything about this stuff.

THEN!

THEN!

Keep in mind his age - he's not from the women should be barefoot and pregnant generations!

HE SAYS TO ME! "You should probably check with your HUSBAND first and SEE IF ITS OKAY FOR YOU TO GET THIS"

WTF!? I stared at him, then told him: My HUSBAND? Man, my husband ain't got nothing to do with what I do with my car. That's my car, my money, my business. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it came out, but it sure didn't make me want to buy anything from that store... and I've not gone back in there again.

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread, but the depths human stupidity just stagger me at times.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 09-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Okay, I lied

I've been back in that store one other time - and that was a few weeks ago - just wanted to see if they carried respectable CAI kits.

They don't.

Quick Reply: i'm so irked right now