5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

..What to do to my '94 GT with $5,000..?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Default ..What to do to my '94 GT with $5,000..?

Ok, since the car I had been hoping to buy appears to be a scam, I guess I'm going to go back to my original plan of modifying my '94 GT convertible. It's basically bone stock, just with a B&M Pro Ripper STS and a K&N air filter. Everything else is pretty much stock.

One thing that is not up for debate is paint. This car was driven through a barb wire fence in '03 so it needs repainted. I'm going with white again since I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've been quoted $3,000 for the new paint, but I'm looking around for a better price if one can be found.

So..that leaves $2,000 to work with.

As for performance, I'll be buying GT40P heads from my friend, along with the upper/lower intake out of his 2001 Mercury Mountaineer come this spring ($200, then I just need to take them to the machine shop to be inspected/cleaned up), but I'm open to suggestions otherwise. My end goal is ~250-300 horsepower.

My car sits like a truck because it has around 4" of wheel gap in the back (due to my replica Saleen 18's), so some suspension work is needed.

Anyway, I'd welcome any suggestions you guys care to give.

-Jordan
Attached Thumbnails ..What to do to my '94 GT with ,000..?-004.jpg  

Last edited by KSUWildcatFan; 09-03-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:23 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I intend to pull the vinyl interior pieces out and repaint them all with black vinyl paint. If you have any suggestions on which paint I should use, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
-Jordan
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you are already ready to go. But, I would also get a cam to match your combo. A Trickflow Stg-1 is cheap($165) and works well with our computer. If you wanna save some $$, I'd get only the necc. mods. You do not need(for now) to upgrade your TB. It is already 60mm. Also, Summit sells unequal length shorty headers(their brand) for $100. I have them on my car and they fit and work fine. Upgrade your mid-pipe with whichever one you want. You can keep your stock cat-back. The mufflers actually flow decently. Plus it will sound good, not be too loud and will remove any drone you may have. You can add some UDP's too for cheap. Since the GT-40 combo is pretty mild you can keep your stock injectors(the 19lbers are good for about 280-300 horsepower). But you will need a bigger 190lph fuel pump. You will also need a dog leg elbow to go between the intake manifold and TB. Hope this helps!

Edit: just saw you were getting "p" heads. The Summit headers probably will not work!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

xe276hr ftw
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
xe276hr ftw
I have read very good things about that cam!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-35-328-8/ ?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
Sounds like you are already ready to go. But, I would also get a cam to match your combo. A Trickflow Stg-1 is cheap($165) and works well with our computer. If you wanna save some $$, I'd get only the necc. mods. You do not need(for now) to upgrade your TB. It is already 60mm. Also, Summit sells unequal length shorty headers(their brand) for $100. I have them on my car and they fit and work fine. Upgrade your mid-pipe with whichever one you want. You can keep your stock cat-back. The mufflers actually flow decently. Plus it will sound good, not be too loud and will remove any drone you may have. You can add some UDP's too for cheap. Since the GT-40 combo is pretty mild you can keep your stock injectors(the 19lbers are good for about 280-300 horsepower). But you will need a bigger 190lph fuel pump. You will also need a dog leg elbow to go between the intake manifold and TB. Hope this helps!

Edit: just saw you were getting "p" heads. The Summit headers probably will not work!
Thanks for the tips. I assumed I'd just go with whatever p-specific headers I could find on Summit for a reasonable price.

Ok, so let's see here..

-Cam
-P specific headers
-Mid-pipe
-UDP's
-190lph fuel pump
-Elbow for intake

Anything else right off?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Everything looks good. You will also need a new Gasket set(Fel-Pro) and some ARP head bolts. You should be able to reuse your stock lifters. But, if they are a pain to take out, then I would replace those as well. Oh, and you can reuse your stock rocker arms. But I would look for some cheap aftermarket ones. Also, for a few more ponies, you can gasket match your lower GT-40 intake manifold. All you really need is a die grinder and some sandpaper.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Any suspension advice? My GT40P heads/intake won't be ready for me to take until spring--d'oh!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Headlights and corners ordered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Quick Reply: ..What to do to my '94 GT with $5,000..?