5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

88 NOTCH and the G-TECH

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

lol^^I like your tag line JD
Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by roostracing
where the guy at? Hasnt posted up...
I'm right here and as far as someone hurting my feelings yeah right/ I had to help a buddy of mine who blew his head gasket trailer his car to Peoria and got up there and ended up going to Havana, IL yesterday to watch some guys tune for this weekend at BLACK SUNDAY which is the reason I started racing anyway....lolol As far as the G-Tech goes I never heard of it until my friend offered to use it in
my car because it was the same time as he was running at the track only like a
tenth off. As far as Mr.46 goes I respect your opinion and it is about what you said
I believe a big difference on the track vs. the street and hills and the surface's and what not. Any this weekend I will be getting ready for the event that got me started 2 years ago
in Madison, IL BLACK SUNDAY...test and tune Friday and competing in the street class
on Sat. and Sun. I had planned on going to street night in Charleston IL but they
had test and tune for racer's being that had a big money event this weekend before
Nationals or something this weekend. I didn't just wake up yesterday and I do my work
myself with the use of some help from friends the internet and a book....As far as my crappy parts I ran a 8.50 at 85 mph with one wheel pulling down the track on my very first
past coming off the street. You see I run on the street the track is new to me and
yes my trans has a stall it was built by Bob Alexander in Clinton,IL I'm sure someone
here has heard of him and as far as my crappy parts...I have a crate 347 from ford with the reciept order from the dealership and the heads and intake we'll let's make a long story short I have less than 500.00 dollars in my whole car and less than 1000 miles on my engine and I think it runs pretty good for a what I got in it..Matter of fact I know it does because I'm up about 2800 racing on the street with crappy parts....lololol I have my carb, new heads and cam but over the winter I'll upgrade it not now BLACK SUNDAY is more important to me than anything and I don't have my cage in now anyway.... I will post my time slip and video after this weekend but feel free to come to Madison, IL I'll be there.

P.S. The computer is useful and helpful for alot of things but I rather be racing or working on my car so I'm not on here or have the time everyday. I'm on here now because I just dropped my car off to get tuned with the wideband or something like that for this weekend.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD1969
At the track the g techs are usually pretty close, but on the street they are usually way off. The street is not prepped, not level, and the way the gtech finds trap speed is not the same way that it is figured at the track.
Since your from Illinois I will leave you my number and you give me a call
anytime and maybe will meet one of these days at this track all this talkin
don't mean nothing because I ain't hard to find...6009b347 I think this means
it has a b cam right? If so Ford put it in there not me but don't worry I"m going
to have a custom one made when I figure out which heads I'm going to use since
I have 2 more sets I've picked up or sell the 2 and get some more..
AFR, VICT JR, or the Trickflow fastas

Last edited by RICEBORDEAUX; 09-14-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

First off, I never said anything bad about you 0r your ride, just that I don't put much faith in Gtech numbers. I had a 69 Superbee, I Gteched it and it said 12.8. Then a couple days later I went to the track and it went 12.10. Yup I am from IL, but I am up by Joliet, so the chance of running into you is small, but if you are ever up my way let me know. Madison is down by St. Louis right?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by RICEBORDEAUX
.... I will post my time slip and video after this weekend .
that's all we can ask you to do, and I really do hope you will post the video, if you run what you anticipate it will quiet everyone with the parts you have used to fuel your 347..........just give it your all.......as far as "the rather be working on your car than on the internet", I have been, infact for the past 10 years and only in the last 2 years has my combo made leaps and bounds because of the useful info I have gotten off the internet from key builders/ designers, research is the most important aspect of a build and obtain it from those who have gone before you, the research process is often a longer process than the actual wrench time itself. and here in a month I will see what the new revised 347 combo of mine will do
Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

yeah i don't expect anything from this thread...

useless
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD1969
First off, I never said anything bad about you 0r your ride, just that I don't put much faith in Gtech numbers. I had a 69 Superbee, I Gteched it and it said 12.8. Then a couple days later I went to the track and it went 12.10. Yup I am from IL, but I am up by Joliet, so the chance of running into you is small, but if you are ever up my way let me know. Madison is down by St. Louis right?
I'm not putting alot of faith in the G-TECH but I know my car was faster than what I ran at the track because I had never left on the lite before let alone drove the car and I just want to see where to turn around and make sure I didn't hit the guard rail because it seem liked I was boxed in.I've just gotten into racing car on the track and what not here recently...and Joliet
is nowhere from my standpoint we travel we'll outside Illinois to race. My cousin are
big racer's and they only like to grudge race and I go with them and watch them race there
alot further along than me and they don't like mustangs I'm just different but they'll go
anywhere and race for big money against cars and bikes. Matter of fact they have rented the track in Cordova its in a couple of weeks I think they call it Victory day or something and they have something going on in Hatisburgh MS in the next month or so also. IF it's big and it's heads up racing they'll probably be there but we've been up they've been up there at least 4x this year (joiet) already...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Wait! So you ran an 8.50@85 with a 347? If you ask me that is a terrible 347 setup I ran an 8.44@85 with a little 302 with a decent H/C/I and a tired AODE. I am sure you are enjoying your ride, but an 8.50 is nothing to brag about with a 347.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
Wait! So you ran an 8.50@85 with a 347? If you ask me that is a terrible 347 setup I ran an 8.44@85 with a little 302 with a decent H/C/I and a tired AODE. I am sure you are enjoying your ride, but an 8.50 is nothing to brag about with a 347.
I think he said it was his first time out and the car was on a peg leg rear end.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:29 AM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
I only had the car for about a month lolollol but it's nothing to brag on lololol it's mine and I blew the headgasket and put the top half of the motor together and switched cars and tranny's by myself so I love the car because I'm learning as I go and I'm putting in the work and I see the car getting faster and faster don't worry I got a plan it will run 10's for sure when it's all said and done I know what it takes and let's just say I want be in the street class anymore and I might have swapped the heads and cam already but I wasn't crazy about putting a cage in my notch but now I am....
when I bought the car with the engine we'll let's just said I got nothing in it but the power pipe and the chip. I have whooped supercharge camaro's and supercharged mustangs and a saleen number 53 of 100 from Clinton this current set up with my T-5's (broke 4) before I got my notch this same set up is a torque monster and a blast to drive out he whole I tore some *** up on street nobody could catch me through the quarter no spining just shooting out on the track different story but I'll get it together for sure. with the C-4 and stall I always had 4:10 gears until now I got 3:73 because I had the rearend put away for a rainy day and the notch rearend was f..upd when I bought it but didn't know until I got it to the track...got some slicks now and the posi is working should I hope fun a little better got a better set up but I want to run this one and compare after this weekend the engine coming out anyway and time to let the air flow so the speak....

Last edited by RICEBORDEAUX; 09-15-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: 88 NOTCH and the G-TECH