5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

And the correct answer is! For those of you tried to help me 5.0 issues....

Old 10-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default And the correct answer is! For those of you tried to help me 5.0 issues....

For those of you tried to help me figure out why my Nyghtmare was cutting out when he took a hard bump in the road, and I thought it was the fuel pump getting weak...

If you answered: I'd look into electrical issues....

YOU WERE CORRECT!

We actually attended TWO car shows today, the last one of the day ending in a massive cruise night (OMG! AT THE MUSTANGS! Anything you could want almost....) so, one round into the 'drag', and my stereo starts shutting itself off... I thought I'd just cranked the amp up too high for the sub during the show and it was cutting out to prevent damage.... theeeennnn I notice my gauge lights getting so dim I could barely see them, no headlights to speak of... soooooo my eyes go straight to the amp gauge... and its on 8... bottomed out. I had to keep one foot on the gas, one on the brake and keep him idled up, had to shut the heater off, and the cd player cut off all own its own. I barely had enough juice to get him to a pull in spot, at least get the top and windows up (It was getting cold fast and the top was down, kids were griping), and then slid on over to O'Reillys.

Me battery was dead as a doornail. Which isn't surpising how many times my kids *Or the gremlins apparently* have jacked with the map lights and left them on overnight. It just won't charge up anymore. That's also why I'd start it, it'd fire up, run a second, die. I could always bump the key a second time and it would run fine.

Not only was the battery dead, but the hot side connector was corroded all to hell and gone. The bolt was eat completely out and it wouldn't tighten. Threw a new battery in it, slapped on a new connector, and TADA! No more cutting out, amps are running in the range they need to be. We rolled on.

Thank you to all those who tried solving the problem a week or two ago!

Also! I threw some Engine Restore in it, 10W30 instead of 5W30, and we are rolling almost smoke-less and the oil pressure (which was good anyway) is now excellent. Looks like the Nyghtmare has some life left in him yet! In fact, I got on 'im during the cruise, coming out of a light and hooking a left turn, and damn near lost him - he got sideways on me. Bwahahahaha.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

First I've seen of your issue but glad you got it figured out. Some times it's the simplest of things that turn out to be the problem.