5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

motorvation computer chip on a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 AM
rdavin622
1st Gear Member

Default motorvation computer chip on a 5.0

Has anyone heard of motorvation custom programmed computer chips and are they any good for a modified 95 computer? I spoke with a sales rep from them and he told me that they can be programmed specifically for any modification done. I have a 95 gt (AODE) that I'm doing H/C/I and other mods in my garage for my winter fun in maine. The computer in these cars are turds when you do mods I have heard. will the car be good to go with one of these chips?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

if you want to get it tuned on a dyno one day, it would be a good idea to have one that a dyno shop close to you has software to program it

some dyno shops will even do mail-oreder if you ask them
Old 11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
rdavin622
1st Gear Member

the problem I have is that the closest dyno is about 75 miles away and I have heard it is very half a** and out of date. I live in maine... we have nothing here
Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by rdavin622
the problem I have is that the closest dyno is about 75 miles away and I have heard it is very half a** and out of date. I live in maine... we have nothing here
getting a mail order chip is doing it even more half assed then driving to a place that CAN do the work for YOUR vehicle.

After you are done with the work, I would strongly recommend going to either Performance Dyno in NH, or Dez Racing in Mass.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM
rdavin622
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
getting a mail order chip is doing it even more half assed then driving to a place that CAN do the work for YOUR vehicle.

After you are done with the work, I would strongly recommend going to either Performance Dyno in NH, or Dez Racing in Mass.
well i guess it would be worth the trip

How bad would the car run with the 95 factory computer settings after a trickflow track heat h/c/i package? the car has full exhaust, pulleys, cai, and basic bolt ons already also
Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

get them to send you a chip for the trip...
Old 11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
rdavin622
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
get them to send you a chip for the trip...
theres another idea i can try. Is the car really going to run like crap if I don't do anything to it? any 94-95 guys want to chime in

ugh The thought of taking the computer junk out and putting a carb on is running through my head...
Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by rdavin622
theres another idea i can try. Is the car really going to run like crap if I don't do anything to it? any 94-95 guys want to chime in

ugh The thought of taking the computer junk out and putting a carb on is running through my head...
get the "junk computer" nonsense out of your head. I can walk outside to my car right now, pull my chip out, and start my car up and drive anywhere that I need to go.

if you want to know whats done... click the link below
Old 11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
rdavin622
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
get the "junk computer" nonsense out of your head. I can walk outside to my car right now, pull my chip out, and start my car up and drive anywhere that I need to go.

if you want to know whats done... click the link below

okay so isnt that chip the same kind of idea as motorvation but with multiple tunes? You call them and tell them your mods and they burn 4 different tunes right?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:19 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

no...
my SCT chip was burned according to the actual needs of my car, while it was running on the dyno. not according to what some guy thinks my car needs based off XYZ mods.

Quick Reply: motorvation computer chip on a 5.0