5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Texas Inspection.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
slidenotch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
Harpers Ferry, where did you live??
Danggg. I lived in the martinsburg area. I will be going back though. I still have a lot of stuff there.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slidenotch
Well i planed on it. Thats why i asked if anyone knew. Just seeing if i wouldn't have to put cats back on my car. but we will see what happens. Sorry for the space.
Well here in Pa. if you don't have cats it won't pass emissions therefor no Inspection sticker so yes you will need cats unless they don't have emissions test in Texas.............
Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
slidenotch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 9redfox3
Well here in Pa. if you don't have cats it won't pass emissions therefor no Inspection sticker so yes you will need cats unless they don't have emissions test in Texas.............
In some areas i found that they do have emissions test. but in my area they just have an inspection. So if it is the same as it was in west virginia, they just look everything over.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by slidenotch
Danggg. I lived in the martinsburg area. I will be going back though. I still have a lot of stuff there.
lol , sure sucks to have emissions again doesn't it??? that's one of the reasons I moved here and out of MD........CAN'T HAVE ANY FUN IN THE TREE HUGGER STATES anymore
Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
slidenotch
1st Gear Member

lol , sure sucks to have emissions again doesn't it??? that's one of the reasons I moved here and out of MD........CAN'T HAVE ANY FUN IN THE TREE HUGGER STATES anymore
I love it in harpers ferry. One of my favorite places. But we don't have emissions here. its just like west virginia, just an inspection.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^^yeah but in theroy they have to inspect for the components visually and must be there, if you get a place that is by the book expect to put some cats on, dunno about Texas and how strict they are but here in wv , it's easy to pass inspection..lol
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
slidenotch
1st Gear Member

haha yes. its very easy. specially when one of your good friends is the person who does the inspections. But hopefully here it'll be alright. I don't have my smog pump or anything anymore either. But i guess i will figure it out when it comes down to it. If anything I'll drive it without the sticker until i can get a daily driver. Plus it will give me a reason to buy a dd so i can fully commit my hatch to racing. maybe I'll buy another 2.3. I dunno. haha.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^^^yeah, All I can say is I know people here too...lol....working in the industry has it's perks..........why did you move to Texas??
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
slidenotch
1st Gear Member

^^^^^yeah, All I can say is I know people here too...lol....working in the industry has it's perks..........why did you move to Texas??
Jobs basically. the economy is suppose to be a lot better. but I'm trying to live in west virginia once i get my schooling done. I like it there a lot. i grew up in michigan. Lived in alabama and west virginia.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

economy better there..lol....if that's the case I'm gone from here!!!!

Quick Reply: Texas Inspection.