5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Another mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM
nissan owner
1st Gear Member

Default Another mustang?

I recently came across a 90 Mustang coupe...Its a stock 5.0, with 17 inch Cobra rims and a very clean exterior with a clean interior...The only thing is that its salvage, there was a small hit on the passenger front fender which was fixed. The frame is okay and the car drives straight. Do you guys think it is worth 1600 with the salvage title? Oh and the only other thing is that it bogs at 4500 rpm and it doesn't go past that, it could possibly be something electrical. I don't think its anything major. So let me know what you guys think?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

how bad was the accident? cause my car isn't even getting a salvage title and i hit a tree at 40.

I just wanted a quote from an adjuster to see how much i was looking at.. he said easily over 6k in damage.

Just depends on what you want to pay.. i'd talk him down a little.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

can you get any pics of this? If there isn't a problem registering it in your state I say go for it. 1600 is damn good for a clean notch. Might wanna have a car fax run on it if it's not to old. Have you had it looked over by anyone?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
nissan owner
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hollister Hoodlum
how bad was the accident? cause my car isn't even getting a salvage title and i hit a tree at 40.

I just wanted a quote from an adjuster to see how much i was looking at.. he said easily over 6k in damage.

Just depends on what you want to pay.. i'd talk him down a little.
He said he got hit at about 20 mph...The insurance didn't want to fix it so they just paid it off...He fixed it and he stated he doesn't know if its salvage or not since he hasn't gone to the DMV to check. But my guess is since they paid it off it is salvage. I already kind of talked him down from 2k. Everything is fixed...

So I am just trying to see if thats a pretty expensive. My last mustang was an 84 Hatch and I got that for 200 dollars as a shell so I don't know how much coupes go with a salvage title
Old 11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
nissan owner
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
can you get any pics of this? If there isn't a problem registering it in your state I say go for it. 1600 is damn good for a clean notch. Might wanna have a car fax run on it if it's not to old. Have you had it looked over by anyone?
The accident recently happened about a month ago and everything looks good.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Well if thats the case, go for it... 1,600 isn't a bad price.

if its as nice as you think it is, and are willing to pay for it, don't worry what others think.

Hell i know a lot of people think i'm crazy for what i'm doing to my car, do i care? No, simply because i want it and am going to have it my way. :P
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
AntiRiceRacing
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hollister Hoodlum
Well if thats the case, go for it... 1,600 isn't a bad price.

if its as nice as you think it is, and are willing to pay for it, don't worry what others think.

Hell i know a lot of people think i'm crazy for what i'm doing to my car, do i care? No, simply because i want it and am going to have it my way. :P
Amen brother.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Well is it worth it to you? when it says salvage on the title when you go to sell people normally don't want it? I wouldn't take it but thats me......
Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 AM
nissan owner
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the inputs...

I probably didn't phrase my question correctly, essentially where I was going to get at, as far as re sell value is concern is it something Mustang Enthusiast look at when its salvage or its current value for that matter. I haven't searched for it that much, but thats what I am trying to get at. I am pretty sure that if I where to look at it on KBB it wouldn't be worth one thousand since its a (potential) salvage title. So that is why I am trying to get your guy's point of views. Again sorry for the confusion. I know there is no pictures but any help would be great.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

hard to say.

i thought you could get a salvaged title switched over to a normal one???

the comment about it not going over 4500 rpm might be a clogged cat or something.

Quick Reply: Another mustang?