5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Just got the ca dynoed. What do you guys think.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
where's that TB thread that was locked that proves the TB to big theroy wrong??? the one where portmaster when haywire..lol
that one, and a thread on modded mustang's where a few big wig's in this hobby chimed in is what changed my mind about the hole deal.

that one was with the guy with the SN-95 had just got his car together, with a spider intake and 90mm throttle body, and was doing burnouts and such, saying how it had a ton of low down torque.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by goathead75
Your logic makes no sense.
if his logic makes no sense than maybe joel5.0's will
if you can't see the link, sign up at the site and educate yourself
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,15585.0.html

as for the headers debate , this topic has been beat to death, one theroy to prove the smaller/ restrictive header = better, is un cap your exhaust and run open headers, why is the car always faster running open headers??? exactly, less restriction in the system, the idea of an engine is that it is one large air pump, so when trying to create / add performance the more air you can move through it efficiently the quicker it'll make power, that's why we install larger valves in heads, larger heads with larger intake and exhaust ports, cams with better profiles, bigger intakes, and bigger carbs, matching components are key, if you put a 950 carb on a stock engine and don't tune for such then yes it'll be to big, but give the engine what it needs to breath and not restrict it's point of entry and then get ready to hold on!!!

Last edited by mjr46; 11-10-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Wow, who lit the fuse on your tampon? Yeah you know what? Bigger is always better. My advice, find the biggest TB you can possibly get and jam it on there. Then look for the hugest headers...in fact, don't even run headers. Just let the exhaust blow straight out the head, less restriction and the best flow you can get. That's not too much, right?

Your logic makes no sense.

OP - Go out and do some research on the topic through Google and avoid taking advice from someone who describes their car as an "87 piece of ****" Good luck - 65-70mm will be fine.

i can obviously tell where your level automotive knowledge is. i humbly invite you to the world of SBFTECH.com please enlighten those guys why their throttle body's headers, carbs etc are too big. trust me you will always see my tail lights with your way of thinking. you will ALWAYS be a follower with your mentality

also as far as my car goes. thats the nickname i gave it from when i first bought it. have you seen my build thread? take a look. ive got more in my roller than i am sure you have in your entire car you idiot. also about your comment about taking advice from someone who calls their car a "piece of ****" ive helped more people on here then you can imagine. i have been here since 05!!

Last edited by w8less; 11-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

lol, im always in "awe" of how smart joel5.0 is, but its kinda funny how he use's 9,000 smileys per post, lmao
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Nothing subtle about it, flat out stating that you're irresponsible. And sorry to dissappoint, no jealousy here.

im done jacking this guy thread take it to PM's

im going to go back and edit this crap out of the thread
Old 11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Great job on the dyno run!

Seriously guys, we go from nothing but the same old questions to 2 no it alls in a week. The entertainment on here can be priceless sometimes. Just so you know goathead you are not going to win any battle you start on here. We have been through pretty much every debate you can imagine with guys who think they know it all or keep preaching on the same fact being spun around 20 different ways.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
goathead75
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Great job on the dyno run!

Seriously guys, we go from nothing but the same old questions to 2 no it alls in a week. The entertainment on here can be priceless sometimes. Just so you know goathead you are not going to win any battle you start on here. We have been through pretty much every debate you can imagine with guys who think they know it all or keep preaching on the same fact being spun around 20 different ways.
I'm not trying to win a debate here, but the OP should see all sides of it and look at ALL the information there is out there which apparently supports both arguments and that a lot more goes along with the "what throttle body should I get" question.

Flat out getting yes/no advice from a forum isn't the best thing to do in most cases. Getting background data and knowledge that the forum users have to help you make an INFORMED decision should be what it's about.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:23 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by 302army187
lol, im always in "awe" of how smart joel5.0 is, but its kinda funny how he use's 9,000 smileys per post, lmao

inorite? lol i always get a kick out of his postings. but yea seriously...i could only imagine being as smart with cars as he is. although im sure it haunts his dreams
Old 11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

I'm not trying to win a debate here, but the OP should see all sides of it and look at ALL the information there is out there which apparently supports both arguments and that a lot more goes along with the "what throttle body should I get" question.

Flat out getting yes/no advice from a forum isn't the best thing to do in most cases. Getting background data and knowledge that the forum users have to help you make an INFORMED decision should be what it's about.

thats true there is always a right and wrong way of doing things. unfortunately its just more expensive doing things twice
Old 11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Ok, so im getting mixed threads.aw buddy with a 5.0 boosted from a fairly large tubro, pulley driven yata yata yata.

Cant remember the heads or anything,

But what i do remember was me asking:
Bobert: what size throttle body is that?
Dude: stock
Bobert: shouldnt you run larger with those heads and the boost?
Dude: dont need larger, the airs being forced in.

So i walked away, from my logic, no matter how hard your pushing air, the size of the hole matters?

So is this guy just ****ing up? Or proving the size therom?

Quick Reply: Just got the ca dynoed. What do you guys think.